My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
      surrounded by plush, downy things,
      ill prepared, but willing,
      to descend."

Comment

Re: My name is.. Jevetta

Welcome.

Please leave any lingering sanity at the front desk. It will be of no use to you here.
        Life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Jevetta View Post
          Je* and thank you!
          Oops! Edited.
          [4:82]

Comment

Re: Hello.

Thank you Caelia and Larix! Glad to be here!

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
              Welcome.

Please leave any lingering sanity at the front desk. It will be of no use to you here.
              I'm not sure that "sanity" even exists.

Comment

Welcome from newcomer to another. You're less than half my age and have been on your path far longer than I have been on mine (still finding my path). That's excellent!! Good to meet you!

Comment

Welcome aboard!

Are you from Ireland, Celtic Tiger?

Comment

Originally posted by Dumuzi View Post
                    Welcome aboard!

Are you from Ireland, Celtic Tiger?
                    No; just in touch with my roots. My family came to the US early to mid twentieth century. As a child, I still had living family who had come directly from Ireland. About five years ago, I went to Ireland with my family and we searched out my great grandmother's home. It was an old stone house, mostly fell in. Just being there was a life changing experience. While there, we stayed two nights on the Aran Islands. That was really awesome!

I am adopted and my biological mother was of Irish descent and my biological father was supposedly from Ireland. I have begun the process of finding out more about them.

Thank you for the welcome!

Comment

Oh, nice. Welcome aboard anyways.

Comment

I didn't realize that my location wasn't showing. I just fixed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Celtic Tiger View Post
                          Welcome from newcomer to another. You're less than half my age and have been on your path far longer than I have been on mine (still finding my path). That's excellent!! Good to meet you!
                          Awesome! I believe that we all have our paths and sometimes they just don't have titles

Comment

Thank you all for being so inviting

Comment

Re: Melannen's Intro

Welcome Jess! Looks like you joined up the same day that I did!

Comment

Hi I am new

I am pretty new here. I am looking to learn new stuff and meet friends. I know I need to study up on things so forgive me if I make any newb mistakes. :xD:

Comment

Working...
                                X