Failte!! Welcome to the forum!

Comment

Re: Hey folks

Thank you! :]

selume proferre

Comment

Hi everyone

Hi everyone,

Im James Im a celtic neopagan from Ireland. Im 33 I live in a place called Maynooth - Ma Nuad - the plain of Nuadu. Its a college town and Im a business student since the recession kicked my backside out of financial services.

Comment

Re: Hi everyone

Hi James. I'm new too. :] welcome.

selume proferre

Comment

Hi and welcome!
                �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                Sneak Attack
                Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Hi! *waves over from South Co Dublin* Nice to meet you

Comment

Hi from the Hag :-)

Hello everyone,

I'm very glad to have found a lovely new pagan place on the web. I used to be very active in forums and then life and my path led me offline for a few years. I'm looking forward to talking to other pagans again, other than in my local area!

Right - introduction. I'm Sibylle, 42 and loving it, and I live in South Co. Dublin in Ireland. During the day I have an office job to pay the bills, in the evenings I spend time with friends and with my four very cute budgies whom I love to pieces. I also teach Witchcraft e-courses which is wonderful as I am a teacher by calling, in the sense of guiding and empowering people. Otherwise I'm a lapsed hippie and musician and am trying hard (with varying success) to save up for a deposit on my own place so I can fulfill my dream of having a Bird Sanctuary for neglected and abused pet birds.

As for my spiritual path, it's most closely described as Witchcraft, but I'm not following any particular tradition although I have influences from several, Wicca among them. With all the "traditions" and paths around, I started referring to myself as a "hag" years ago, and it seems to fit so well. The name is part tongue-in-cheek and part serious, and I like that as well. I am a roll-in-the-mud type pagan who is mostly about energy and experiencing, directing, projecting it. My witchcraft is fuelled by music and physical movement like dancing, stomping, jumping around, and by the energies in nature.

Alright, time to stop before I write a novel! I hope I'll get to know you all over time, and once again, I'm very glad to be here

Comment

Thanks for the welcomes

Comment

Re: Hi from the Hag :-)

Hi Sibylle

Another paddy its a small internet after all what

That bird recue is a good idea fair play. Thinking about it now there are shelters for dogs and cats but Ive never heard of one for birds. Parrots do live a lot longer then your average pet and because owners die etc. theres probably a lot of them out there that arent being looked after properly.

Is your hag thing related to the cultic cailleach or would it be more the crone side of things?
                        Last edited by JamesByrne; 30 Jun 2012, 06:01. Reason: mispelled sibylle even tho its infront of me... doh

Comment

Welcome to Pagan Forum! We're happy to have you.
                          �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                          ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                          Sneak Attack
                          Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Welcome aboard
                            [4:82]

Comment

Welcome.

Please leave any lingering sanity at the counter, you won't be needing it here.
                              Life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Thanks all for the lovely welcome

Originally posted by JamesByrne View Post
                                Hi Sibylle

Another paddy its a small internet after all what

That bird recue is a good idea fair play. Thinking about it now there are shelters for dogs and cats but Ive never heard of one for birds. Parrots do live a lot longer then your average pet and because owners die etc. theres probably a lot of them out there that arent being looked after properly.

Is your hag thing related to the cultic cailleach or would it be more the crone side of things?
                                Hi James! Small world indeed. I bet if we compared notes on the people we know in and around Maynooth, we'd find several we both know. I always say that in Ireland, the famous "six degrees of separation" shrink to about two, lol.

The hag thing was more of a convenient way for me to label my own path, as I didn't know anyone else who refers to themselves a hag and it always took me forever to describe my own brand of roll-in-the-mud, earth based spiritual practice. I'm also fond of saying, somewhat less seriously, that the "old hag" clichee is pure slander, because if there's old hags then obviously there must be young hags too On occasion, I have been called cailleach though!

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                                Please leave any lingering sanity at the counter, you won't be needing it here.
                                That's a relief, no need to try and come across as respectable then!!

I'll go and take a stroll through the forums now.

Comment

Working...
                                X