This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I'm Hare

I'm tentatively calling myself a Pagan. I've been an Animist long before I knew what it meant, and I may be Pantheist too. For now, I'm calling myself a Pagan because it feels comfortable.

I'm in my mid-twenties, I live on the coast with my partner, and I've recently started following my instincts and investigating a Pagan pathway for myself. I strongly connect with the Goddess Eostre/Eastre/Ostara (many names!), since there are spiritual and religious images and stories of hares all over the world, and I feel I am developing a connection there.

I'm really keen to learn more, which is why I'm here. Hope to get to know you.

Comment

Re: Hi, I'm Hare

Hello and welcome! Learning and exploring are excellent things. hope we can be of help.

selume proferre

Comment

Hello and Welcome to Pagan Forum.
        �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
        ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
        Sneak Attack
        Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Re: Reading threads backwards?

Oh, thank goodness. Nothing was making any sense until I switched it round.

Comment

Thanks, folks. I've found a good section of books in my local library, which has been looked over by Pagan and Druid friends of mine, and they've made some good recommendations as to who is knowledgeable and who is... just crushed velvet, magickal names and silver jewellery, rather than actual content. (I'm sure you know the type.)

I'm already quite familiar with the Greek pantheon because my real name's Greek in origin, and with legends of King Arthur, and right now I'm looking at Celtic legends. I'm also going to look into the Norse pantheon, as I had a small book of Norse tales when I was younger and would like to learn the more adult details I'm sure it missed out.

Comment

Haha, your library is better than the one in my hometown then. I'm glad you can make the distinction. Those authors who are more image than information are troublesome and im glad you can pick them out. Watch out for false history. I'd say just fact check everything. (and the greeks are pretty great )

selume proferre

Comment

Welcome, so glad to see more people wanting to learn. I too came here to learn more and also because I have found Pagan's are very loving and I have a lot of things that go on in my life and decided this place would be understanding. And it is!

I hope you enjoy it here.
                Check out my blog, it's a good way to stay entertained if you get bored.
                http://fallenangeli.blogspot.com/

Comment

Welcome to PF!
                  Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                  sigpic

Comment

Re: Hi everyone

Failte! Welcome aboard James!! Sorry to hear about the loss of financial services! I wish you the best!

Comment

Re: Hi from the Hag :-)

Failte! Good to meet you, Sibylle!!

Comment

Failte! Good to meet you!!

Comment

Hello new peoples!!!

First off, if you are new here, and I didn't post in your intro...I apologize.

Second off, if you are new here, and I didn't post in your intro...WELCOME!!

...life has gotten hectic, and I've gotten behind on forum posts...which is bad when one is a mod & admin (luckily the rest of our staff is the awesomesauce)...

<3Thalassa
                          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                          sigpic

Comment

Re: Hello new peoples!!!

Newbies!!!!

On the off chance that I haven't caught you yet, please register (in blood) at the desk and leave your sanity (you won't be needing it) at the front counter.
                            Life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Hello

Hi! I thought I should do a formal introduction. I'm erm.. Cherry (Claire actually I'm quite excited to have found what looks to be a pretty active forum and get the chance to chat. I am a somewhat lax Pagan with an open mind and not enough time in the day.
                              Hope everyone is having a fab evening/ morning/ afternoon etc whatever it is where you are reading this!

Comment

Re: Hello

Hello and welcome.

Comment

Working...
                                X