X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hello again, and with a new user name

OMG's!! ElvenDestiny!!!

Hel yes, I remember! Indeed, 'welcome back' and VERY glad to see you around, again!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Hello to Everyone!

Hey, I am a 28 year old Celtic Pagan from Colorado, but I live most of my life in Texas. I am a Welsh Reconstructionist. I enjoy all things Celtic, and also learning about others Pagan beliefs as well. I teacher high school in a small town in the mountains, so I get to actually live right next to a national forest, which is great! I hope to have a great conversations with everyone here and add some imput to the discussion. I hope everyone is well and glad to meet ya.

Comment

Re: Hello to Everyone!

Hello and welcome to PF!
        If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows. ---Henry Ward Beecher

Comment

Hello all....

Hi new here. I am a Reiki practitioner who also has a real liking for the shamanic way.

Comment

Re: Hello all....

Welcome
            "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
            - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

hello and welcome to PF!
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

welcome to PF!!
                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                sigpic

Comment

Heyo!

My name is Jimmy, and I'm an atheist. I don't believe in gods, but that's not to say I'm faithless or that I believe that gods don't exist.

I don't know if gods exist or not, and as far as I'm concerned it doesn't matter if they do or not.

I strive to be a good person, to live well, and to leave this world a better place for having me in it. I can't see what else a god could want of me, and if they do want more from me they'll have to ask me in person.

I don't abide by that "mysterious ways" nonsense, if they don't like the way I do things the least they could do is have the decency to say so to my face.

Sorry about the rant, but I feel it is necessary to get all that out in the open. What I believe is a large part of who I am, and thus important to understanding me as a person.

That is not to say that I am what I believe, but rather that beliefs are complex constructs based on our core values and perceptions. In other words what I am is directly related to who I am, and vice versa.

I have no real political affiliations, though I am rather liberal and if I vote I tend to do so for the green party. Leave the world a better place an all that.

I'm a virgo, a writer, a college dropout, a nerd, a darn good cook, and I fancy myself a philosopher.

I dropped out of college because I can't deal with people, and I lacked the focus or drive needed to excel in that enviroment. The only things I learned while I was there was that I don't handle stress well, and what it's like to have a nervous breakdown.

Had I stayed I would have majored in literature and philosophy. I am still interested in both, and spend a great deal of time studying them as best I can.

I've been interested in alchemy and psychology as of late, and I am in the middle of reading both Ego and Archetype and The Path of Alchemy.

I hope to get to know some interesting people, and have some interesting conversations.
                  Last edited by Denarius; 19 Oct 2011, 05:07.
                  Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Re: Heyo!

Welcome Denarius!

You're not the only one here with an existential attitude toward "the Gods."

Also, I'm glad to see that you're working on Alchemy. I came into it via Jung, so I also started with the psychological approach. It'll be nice to talk with you about the subject.
                    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Welcome to PF!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Hello and welcome to PF!
                        If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows. ---Henry Ward Beecher

Comment

Hello and welcome to PF!

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Hey

Hello, everyone. My name's Aidan, and I'm new to this site. I'm a bit of a lost pagan trying to find his way home. I used to be an eclectic pagan and a very active part of the community but somewhere along the way I lost my faith. I'm trying to find it again.

I discovered Druidry when I was around thirteen, which massively appealed to me. It was so wildly different to the variety of religions I'd researched and something about it attracted me. I was part of a Grove for a long while. From there I really went into eclectic paganism finding the most comfort in a Goddess Group I was a part of, as the gods fascinate me, but also because it was such a doing spirituality which meant a lot to me. I didn't want to go to a meet every now and then - I wanted a lifestyle. That's where I left my beliefs and where I'm picking them back up.

Besides that? I'm a terrible artist who is taking an English degree and listens to industrial music. Pleased to meet you.
                                Nu Cead Againn Dul Abhaile.
                                "Not even the most battle-hardened warriors would willingly separate a man from his gods."

Comment

Working...
                                X