X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hey

Hello and welcome to PF!
    If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows. ---Henry Ward Beecher

Comment

Hello and welcome to PF!
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

Re: I'm back! Legs beware!

welcome back
        They moaned and squealed, and pressed their snouts to the earth. We are sorry, we are sorry.
        Sorry you were caught, I said. Sorry that you thought I was weak, but you were wrong.
        -Madeline Miller, Circe

Comment

Welcome
          "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
          - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

New, but late to Intro

Kinda been procrastinating on introducing myself...

I'm a 29 year old mother of 3 girls. I am an eclectic pagan, following a solitary Wiccan path. My husband of 7 years is also pagan, and I find every day with him to be a wonderful blessing. It is difficult to be openly pagan in my small, redneck, Bible Belt town, but we are gradually becoming more accepted by the community. Although, we do get some resistance from my husband's family concerning the girls' religious upbringing. We have exposed our children to both pagan traditions and Christian traditions and tried to not pressure them either way. I also encourage them to explore other religious sets. Mostly, we stress that they follow their hearts and strive to live positively.

When it comes to my beliefs and practices, I admit that I (sometimes clumsily) beat my own path. My beliefs also have a tendency to adapt or shift based on experiences or things I learn. Especially science. But I am quick to readjust and admit misguidance when a fallacy is revealed. Our universe is immense, our understanding of it is limited, but we struggle to gain understanding every day.

Comment

Re: New, but late to Intro

Hello and welcome to PF!
              Your situation sounds similar to mine. Pagan + small bible belt town + christian family members adament dislike for us teach my kids any religion other than Christianity. The wife and I want to teach the kids about religion with the idea that they have a choice. My family is very much of the opinion the Christianity is the only valid path and that teaching choice is wrong. ( my family is southern baptist btw)
              I wish you and your family the best.
              If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows. ---Henry Ward Beecher

Comment

Re: New, but late to Intro

Welcome

Comment

Merry Meet and season's greetings !

Comment

In intercourse with scholars and artists one readily makes mistakes of opposite kinds: in a remarkable scholar one not infrequently finds a mediocre man; and often, even in a mediocre artist, one finds a very remarkable man. Nietzsche
                    Welcome to even a terrible artist!
                    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Heil

I guess I'm looking for encouragement from more friends these days. I am a true pagan- a tribalist in the forests taking pot shots at dragons too large for one man. My life gets pretty lonely...

I like lots of different artforms- music like psybient Carbon Based Lifeforms and Solar Fields, Norwegian (or Ukrainian) black metal like Darkthrone and Burzum, folk music like Steve Von Till, psychedelic rock or sludge like Neurosis, etc. Movies- not so much these days, but I at least barely liked the movie 'Drive' with Mr. Gosling. Books- philosophy like Leibniz, Varg Vikernes' "Sorcery and Religion in Ancient Scandinavia", etc.

As far as ideology goes- I'm into Germanic, Slavic and Celtic tribal religions and politics. I'm fairly liberal with many things, but I do believe in a pillar of objective reality and stay very, very close to it's shade. Some people might call me conservative, but only in that I believe in the family-unit and upholding it's values. I am anti-capitalist and anti-statist. If anything, my nation is my tribe.

I don't really feel like proving myself to anyone or making a pretentious intro for people-worshipers, so I'll just stop here. I'll be browsing around and posting when I feel like it, but if you want to PM me because I sound like someone you'd like to get to know- I look forward to it.

Comment

Thank you for the welcomes! Particularly B. de Corbin, I like your style.
                        Nu Cead Againn Dul Abhaile.
                        "Not even the most battle-hardened warriors would willingly separate a man from his gods."

Comment

Re: Heil

Welcome!

Comment

Hello...welcome to our forum.
                            Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Hello and welcome to PF
                              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                              sigpic

Comment

Well, Hello there.
                                �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                                ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                                Sneak Attack
                                Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Working...
                                X