This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello!

HI guys! I'm Catta and I'm a solitary practioner of Wicca and Witchcraft. I was introduced to it by my father at the age of 7. I am coming from a DV situation, but am just trying to carry on with my life....to better it for my daughter and myself. I am trying to get intouch with the community in my area and re-doing my Year-and-a-Day.

Anything else? Feel free to ask! =)

<3 Catta

Comment

Re: Hello!

Hullo and welcome!
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

Welcome to PF!!
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

Re: New here

Welcome to PF
          sigpic

Comment

Welcome! I hope you enjoy yourself here!
            Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Hello.

Hi. Thought I should start by introducing myself. My name is Tim and im a Naturalistic Pantheist.

One thing i'd like to know is, is Pantheism seen as Pagan? I love the Pagan way of life but I'm not sure my own Pantheistic views fit into Paganism. (Im aware Paganism is a pretty vast topic.)

Thanks.
              "Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction betwixt the real and the unreal..."

Comment

Re: Hello.

Hello! As for your question, that entirely depends on who you ask. Pagan, in its broadest definition, refers to anything that's not Christian. Therefore atheists, such as myself, are pagan. At least by that definition.

For more info check out the topic on the subject of defining "pagan."
                Greetings! I thought it would be interesting to start a thread about defining Paganism - a topic which seems rather controversial if you ask me! I personally believe that a Pagan is someone who calls him or herself a Pagan. The rest is personal interpretation. I believe that such individuality is one of our strengths as
                Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Hello and welcome! Like Denarius mentioned, the dictionary definition for Pagan pretty much includes anyone who's not of an Abrahamic religion (Christianity, Judaism, Islam). But, I do know people who mix in Abrahamic traditions as well and still consider themselves Pagan (such as site member and my dear friend TurningTides, who mixes Roman Catholic with Pagan ideas).

Anyway, I hope you enjoy it here.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Hello

Hello everyone My name is Rhondda Pagan and as you can see i from the South Wales Valley, I am not a true Pagan in the sense of i have not done any rituals but i am researching on what is needed to do to become a true Pagan, I have very strong interests in the Norse Myths and Legends.

Thank you,

Comment

Re: Hello

Hello and welcome! I don't think anyone can be a "true" Pagan; in my opinion, it's too loosely defined. Not all of us believe in spellwork or even perform rituals. However, if Norse is where your interest lies, you should definitely check out the Heathen forum: http://www.paganforum.com/forumdispl...hen-Traditions

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

Concerning that thread, I think the best definition for Paganism there is that, if you think your a Pagan then you are a Pagan.
                        "Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction betwixt the real and the unreal..."

Comment

Thank you for the link

Comment

Welcome to PF!! I have to agree that there really isn't any such thing as a "true" Pagan either (somewhere we have an on-going discussion of defining Paganism)...what each person does or practices and believes is inherently personal...and that is part of the beauty of our paths.
                            sigpic

Comment

Re: Newbie Here

Thank you all very much

Comment

Croeso! I'm in the south wales valleys too.... and as others have said, forget the 'true pagan' label. As long as you are true in your heart, that's all that matters!
                                www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Working...
                                X