Of friends the falsest it is."

Havamal, 74

"The wolf that lies idle | shall win little meat,
    Or the sleeping man success."

Havamal, 58

Comment

Re: Hello

Originally posted by Ioppy View Post
      Hello everyone. I've been having trouble with something that I thought I might get an answer here.
      Welcome the forum. What issue are you having?
      There once was a man who said though,
      It seems that I know that I know,
      What I'd like to see,
      Is the I that knows me,
      When I know that I know that I know.

Comment

Greetings from Finland

Hello everyone. I'm soon-to-be-18-years-old young woman from Finland. I've been trying to find Finnish pagan forums for ages now and finally decided to give up and find an English one. And I must apology that my English isn't always the most understandable thing to read, but I'll do my best to write as well as I can. If there are any major mistakes, please correct me.

I'm still not fully sure what my path and way of living is, but I could say I'm kind of a Nature worshipper. I do respect Mother and Father Nature as well as elements and other spiritual beings. I could say that there's a little tree-hugger inside of me trying to get out at times and unfortunately many of my friends just doesn't get it.

I've been into paganism for many years now and I'm interested in old Finnish paganism and shamanism. I had tried to find my path from the Christianity for a year or two, but with no results at all. It just didn't feel right and I felt confused and somewhat depressed. But then I somehow found myself from the world of paganism and from the lovely lap of the Mother Nature. It just felt so good and right and then I knew "this is my place, this is where I belong to". And ever since then I've been a lot happier and lively.

Funny thing is that my boyfriend is a fully theoretical man. He thinks my little habits are really interesting (and attractive), but doesn't believe in those, not a one bit. Well, I'm glad he accepts my ways of thinking. I think he actually just enjoys having a little house witch of his own even thought he still laughs (in a good way) a bit to my tarot-readings and moments like "hey, my rip muscle feels like blue" (I don't know, sometimes I just "sense" things and feelings as colours and it confuses me a lot more than him).

But I'll end this little chit-chat here now. I'm really glad that I found this forum, I'm sure this will be a big helper on my way to find my inner self. I really hope you won't think me as a madman now.

Comment

Re: Greetings from Finland

Welcome to PF. I think your English is very good and makes perfect sense for what it's worth.
          http://thefeministpagan.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Welcome to the forum!

Your English is coming across just fine, but if anything is unclear we we will ask!

I'm very interested in old Finnish paganism, but there are few resources available in English! If you ever would like to start a thread of your own about those practices, it would be welcomed
            Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Your English is so bad!

Just kidding, I can't even tell this is a second language. Welcome aboard
              [4:82]

Comment

Welcome to the forum.
                What I'd like to see,
                Is the I that knows me,

Comment

Newbie From PA

Hi! My name is Jen, I'm 26 and I'm from southern PA. I consider myself a Kitchen Witch and am looking forward to meeting new people. If you're near my neck of the woods I'd love to hear from you!

Comment

Re: Hello

Hello! I started a thread, you can view it under my most recently started threads.

Comment

Re: Newbie From PA

Hi Jen, nice to meet you! I'm out in western PA, but I grew up near Philly and went to college in York- there are a lot of witches and pagans to meet in those areas if you are thereabouts. What brought you to the path of a kitchen witch?
                      "Gardens are not made by singing "Oh, how beautiful," and sitting in the shade." - Rudyard Kipling

Mathbatu: A Canaanite Polytheist's Blog
                      Sparrow Wings: A Personal Blog

Comment

Always glad to meet new members

Welcome to PF!
                        "Wealth is as swift | as a winking eye
                        Of friends the falsest it is."

Havamal, 74

"The wolf that lies idle | shall win little meat,
                        Or the sleeping man success."

Havamal, 58

Comment

Welcome to the forum.
                          What I'd like to see,
                          Is the I that knows me,

Comment

Hi Jen! Welcome to PF! Please don't hesitate to ask questions if you have any. We're a friendly bunch around here
                            It's a really, really cool thing, to be able to show people that you can be yourself, and you should be proud of yourself, and you should own who you are and what you're about, and never make apologies for it.
                            -Adam Lambert

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Comment

We're friendly??!!!

*Ponders the mental health of a mod before deciding that discretion is the better part of valor.*

Oh, welcome to the board.
                              Life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Thank you everyone.

Originally posted by Dez View Post
                                I'm very interested in old Finnish paganism, but there are few resources available in English! If you ever would like to start a thread of your own about those practices, it would be welcomed
                                Well I could try to write a thread about it, but it will take me ages. It's not easiest thing to translate poems from Kalevala for example and I'm having small problems with English writing already so it will be a big challenge to me. But I think I could try it someday.

Comment

Working...
                                X