Alchemy and Metalsmithing - my blog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alchemy and Metalsmithing - my blog

I'm starting my blog up again. It's called Alchemy and Metalsmithing: Explorations in Alchemy and the Art of Metalsmithing.

In it I hope to demonstrate how I incorporate my Alchemical philosophy into my Metalsmithing work.

If you are interested in learning what Alchemy is and how it works, or if you are interested in the art of metalworking, or if you just want to see how one person integrates a metaphysical philosophy into everyday life, take a look. I hope I can show you something interesting...

...I will show you something different from either
    Your shadow at morning striding behind you
    Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
    I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
    - T.S. Eliot
    Take a look and let me know what you think (I need feedback ) -

http://splendidfishstudio.blogspot.com/
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Re: Alchemy and Metalsmithing - my blog

I intend to follow you as soon as I remember my password It looks really awesome
    "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
    - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

Originally posted by Amelia-Mary View Post
      I intend to follow you as soon as I remember my password It looks really awesome
      Thank you, Amelia-Mary!
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I'm starting a new one instead, password = lost forever
        "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
        - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

I like! Very informative!

My only suggestion is to either break-up some of the longer posts into parts (or as I prefer, a series of posts on the same theme)...just for the sake of screen-based readability, or to break it up a bit more with images, or changes in font (like with headings and indented lists).

Also, you could toss up the excellent info you had for me from the other thread on there too! As a Q&A series of posts...
          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
            I like! Very informative!

My only suggestion is to either break-up some of the longer posts into parts (or as I prefer, a series of posts on the same theme)...just for the sake of screen-based readability, or to break it up a bit more with images, or changes in font (like with headings and indented lists).
            That's a good idea. I was trying to do that with pictures, but the text really is too long still. I'm such a blabbering mouth though. Every time I think of something to say, I end up having to say more to explain it than I actually wanted to say in the first place... It would be much better to spread it out over a longer period of time. Thanks!

Also, you could toss up the excellent info you had for me from the other thread on there too! As a Q&A series of posts...
            LOL - A lot of that will probably end up in there eventually...

Comment

Working...
            X