Do you recognize this symbol?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you recognize this symbol?

Around when I first started on this path, I had a very vivid dream. There was a symbol in it that I thought then (and do now) that I've seen somewhere before. I've looked for it but I've had no luck. Does it look familiar to anyone else?

Click image for larger version

Name:	dream.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	12.0 KB
ID:	355915

Please pretend that it's symmetrical. I drew it in Paint with my very unsteady hand. Also, the top should be a little bit longer.
    Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Re: Do you recognize this symbol?

First thing I think of is it reminds me of something I saw while reading the lesser key of Solomon. It probably means something else but that's all I can think of
    They moaned and squealed, and pressed their snouts to the earth. We are sorry, we are sorry.
    Sorry you were caught, I said. Sorry that you thought I was weak, but you were wrong.
    -Madeline Miller, Circe

Comment

Looks like someone has been playing with Malachim but its been years since I looked at anything dealing with that script so I'm not certain.
      Life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus
        First thing I think of is it reminds me of something I saw while reading the lesser key of Solomon. It probably means something else but that's all I can think of
        That was my first thought as well. I haven't been able to find what, if anything, though.

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
        Looks like someone has been playing with Malachim but its been years since I looked at anything dealing with that script so I'm not certain.
        Looking at images of the Malachim alphabet, it definitely looks like something that would come from there -- all the lines and circles. No idea what, though.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

It looks a bit like the Angelic Script shown at this site.

steliart.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, steliart.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Looks like the standard bullet-drop compensation markings in a post-reticle ACOG.

...sorry, that's all I could think of when I saw it. Other than that, I really don't know.
            "Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others."
            -Thomas Jefferson

Let a man never stir on his road a step
            without his weapons of war;
            for unsure is the knowing when the need shall arise
            of a spear on the way without.
            -

Comment

Hm. Studying the malachim script, it looks close to the character for "tau", though turned sideways (and missing an "arm"). Not exact, but close.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Yeah, Key of Solomon was my first thought, too. It definitely looks like some part of a demon sigil. Too bad there's not technology to search images yet.

-Valhalla

Comment

I looked through a couple of seals and didn't recognize anything, but man, I wish there were a way to search images comparatively. That would be really cool (in addition to answering my question).

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Assuming that it has a meaning, and assuming that it isn't part of an alphabet which we can't identify, it may represent a concept or a name.

If it were me, and I saw this symbol in a dream, I would look for the meaning in a dream as well.
                    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                      If it were me, and I saw this symbol in a dream, I would look for the meaning in a dream as well.
                      I did ask to be given another dream to help with it and I remember looking at an alphabet or a chart of symbols, but I couldn't read any of it, so I'm still confused and frustrated.

ETA: I wonder if I should be asking for help interpreting the dream, if that would make the symbol clear.
                      Last edited by habbalah; 18 Jan 2012, 14:03. Reason: Thought of something else.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Let me throw in that it looks like the bottom part of a very ancient Nordic pagan symbol. I think it's in a book I have, Thorsson or something. If I recall correctly, the symbol was just a vertical line with horizontal lines crossing it getting progressively wider as it got towards the bottom. It looked like a tree pictograph to me. However, I don't believe the ends branched into circles like that, and since that's something I've seen a lot on demon sigils, that's why I thought of that.

I think you should tell us about the dream. Perhaps it will spark something.

-Valhalla

Comment

Originally posted by Valhalla View Post
                          It looked like a tree pictograph to me.
                          It looked kind of like a tree to me as well. That was my first thought.

I'm honestly...kind of embarrassed to relay it.

In the dream, I was sitting in a room (it's really of no consequence; it just looked like a generic living room) but just beyond the doorway, an angel was standing. (Note: My path relies very heavily on angel veneration, though I wasn't quite so aware of that when I had this dream). He was tall and broadly-built with great, grey-white wings, wearing a black hooded cloak that covered his entire body. He continued to stand in the doorway and it felt like he was waiting for me to acknowledge him.

Once I actually looked at him, the scene changed. He was lying down (on a couch? A bed?) with his robe open, though his head was still hooded; I never saw his face. The symbol was carved into his stomach. Not...exactly in violence; more like scarrification. However, it had been cut so deeply on the horizontal lines that the skin was literally loose around it; I could lift it up in places. I found myself kissing the symbol. It was a reverent gesture, like kissing the feet of a saint's statue.

I woke up pretty soon after that. I don't have the feeling that this angel in my dream is the same of any of the Guardians I have now (asking confirmed this), so I don't know who he was supposed to be, or what the symbol means (except that maybe it's his name).

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

That rings a bell for me but for the life of me I can't remember where. I know I've read something similar to that somewhere. The only things coming to mind are that this is a way to direct you toward a new deity or to warn you. I think the symbol represents a deity,demon or other spiritual being. I don't think it's his name because that doesn't make much sense. Why would his own name be carved on him? Maybe it's the name of the being the angel serves? is it possible the angel is a new guardian?
                            They moaned and squealed, and pressed their snouts to the earth. We are sorry, we are sorry.
                            Sorry you were caught, I said. Sorry that you thought I was weak, but you were wrong.
                            -Madeline Miller, Circe

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
                              That rings a bell for me but for the life of me I can't remember where. I know I've read something similar to that somewhere. The only things coming to mind are that this is a way to direct you toward a new deity or to warn you. I think the symbol represents a deity,demon or other spiritual being. I don't think it's his name because that doesn't make much sense. Why would his own name be carved on him? Maybe it's the name of the being the angel serves? is it possible the angel is a new guardian?
                              That surprises me. I don't think I've read anything like this before, but if you remember where you've heard it, please tell me.

It's possible, absolutely. I guess I'm just more confused because other than the dream, I've never seen him again. I've had other guardians come forward and none of them have the same feeling as him. If he appeared to warn me of someone or something, I'm not sure against who; he didn't say a word to me in my dream. The fact that I was kissing the symbol makes me feel that it's important, but I don't know for what reason.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Working...
                              X