Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ritual Outdoors.... is somone coming D:

Hello everyone
    okay so since its getting to that time of year again, things are slowly starting to melt and life is slowly making its way back into nature,(bugs, grass, flowers, well atleast where I live) that means that outside can be used for rituals and such. I have a big backyard with a nice garden and trees, but however its very big and the neighbours windows look right onto to it. Theres a huge window on the patio. During the spring till fall they have a daycare. And the other neighbors I dont think will mind because well they are spirtual as well, and they have alot of native american staues in there house and on there front pourch so I dont have to worry about that.(there native american) However there is a little tree area, with bushes and such, and a fence that is boxed off. No one would see me. However the person on the otherside of the fence is very violent. They shot down a canadian goose once and shot the neighbours shed. And the shed is right behinde the boxed off area. So I am affraid of him doing something. Anyways, does anyone have any suggestions on how to overcome this fear? or maybe to not think so negative about that violent neighbour behinde me. I was thinking use less tools, but I dont know. I love to decorate for the sabbats on my altar however if im outside then its already decorated lolol. Anywho thanks for your time whom ever is reading this, thanks and blessed be <3

Re: Ritual Outdoors.... is somone coming D:

It's your back yard and your property. If your neighbor harasses you past the point where you can work out any issues, call the cops. Depending on where you live, firing a gun within city/county limits or within so many feet of a residence may be illegal (I know it is here in Las Vegas/Clark County). Generally speaking, you shouldn't have to worry about doing things in your own backyard, but modern life has changed this concept considerably for people in populated areas. If you've already got issues with a neighbor, you might be better off finding a park or something.

Before you start:
    - check your local fire codes if you're planning on having open candles or a fire pit. There may be certain clearance minimums you have to adhere to

- if you're a noisy Pagan, check on the noise codes as well. That way, if someone complains, you'll know whether or not you were in the right.

- if you have an HOA whose rules may be more stringent than the local ordinances, make sure you go over your agreement with them as well

The other thing to consider - if you're naked in your back yard, and your neighbors can see you, in some places you can still be ticketed and even arrested for anything from public nudity up to and including full-blown sex offender charges.
    The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Perze covered most stuff that I would be concerned about. I'd also have a concern about any libations and food. Normally I wouldn't worry about it due to the season, but it's been awfully warm (at least in Kansas) and bugs are coming out. Just time it so it doesn't get much exposure for bugs to find.
      my etsy store
      My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
      surrounded by plush, downy things,
      ill prepared, but willing,
      to descend."

Comment

Thanks guys
        I will look into those, I could also go into a forest near my house and stuff. However Ill try my backyard and things as well. Thanks again!

Comment

We live in a duplex and my neighbor's kitchen window looks out into our yard. I've been out there wiggling my arms around and hopping in circles around my fire pit and opened my eyes to see them staring at me in abject horror. I can't explain to them because they only speak vietnamese so I just sort of slowly scooted back into my house.

I don't really have any suggestions but you're in good company!
          Please disregard typos in above post. I browse the web on a Nook and i suck at typing on touch screens.

Comment

I think I am just going to learn how to deal with it, and not care about what others think. Its my way of living
            and thats great!! I dont think your neighbours care either! I think sometimes when we do things we think about what others reactions will be, however, most times peoples reactions are not even what we expected them to be.

Thanks for replying and hope you have a great upcoming week, blessed be !!!!

Comment

Well I myself had actually had a lot of trouble with neighbours, if he causes you any harm then you can report him to the cops. There's another thing you can do, but I personally wouldn't recommend it for it involves harsh actions, but if he comes onto your property with a gun threatening to harm you, you can actually shoot him, or cause violence. Good Luck.

Comment

My friend actually showed me a forest that no one goes too. The path is soo cool. Theres a path you take but it appears to be a dead end so people turn around and go the other way. However my friend said keep going. So you keep going and then you find yourself on this path and that path leads over to a bridge then it leads to an opening where there are trees in a triangle. I think I will go there, because its close to my house plus no one goes there (theres also a creek surrounding the area.

Comment

Glad to hear you found a great-sounding spot!
                  my etsy store
                  My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
                  surrounded by plush, downy things,
                  ill prepared, but willing,
                  to descend."

Comment

That sounds beautiful. I'd love to see pictures.
                    Please disregard typos in above post. I browse the web on a Nook and i suck at typing on touch screens.

Comment

I shall post pictures when the snow clears up and thanks all

Comment

Working...
                      X