Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I just don't know

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
    Ah, Serenity, it's guilt. Something you will hopefully leave behind on a pagan path, but early habits die hard. Listen, any deity or power is not worth acknowledging if they punish your child when your spells go wrong.

Spells rarely involve deities, unless you've set out to involve them and that traditionally happens more with certain types of hexes anyway. .

In fact, there's no reason why a spell should rebound on you at all, which is why so many people add the caveat, 'An it harm none.' I don't do that, but then I'm a witch rather than a wiccan and my views are a bit different anyway.

If doing a spell - and its possible side effects - really bothers you then address your deity directly, explain your problems and ask if they can see their way clear to help you. It tends to get around the problem quite neatly because whether or not to help you is entirely up to them. If you feel particularly drawn to classical Rome, you could even acknowledge any help received by writing VSLM on an offering (Votum Solvit Libens Merito) to your deity afterwards.

Best of luck!
    This is pretty much what I was trying to say. Thank you for putting it more eloquently
    my etsy store
    My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
    surrounded by plush, downy things,
    ill prepared, but willing,
    to descend."

Comment

Working...
    X