Question on writing a spel.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question on writing a spel.

So I've been practicing witchcraft for 6 years now.
    And as all of you know, a lot can change and be learned in 6 years.
    I.E. When I first started out I was a middle schooler who had barely a clue what he was doing.

[It might be worth mentioning I wasn't doing the cliche "I'm rebelling against my exclusively Christian parents by doing this"
    I sincerely felt a pull towards it.]

Well back then I learned the Elder Futhark runes and wrote all of my horribly thought out spells in it.
    I thought it added more of a personal energy to them when they were written like that.
    Although the spells were usually ineffective because of poor craft and lack of knowledge.
    [and it was a bit difficult to read being new at the runes]

But now, years later my beliefs have grown and changed from my original Wiccan root.
    In turn I've gained more knowledge and have gotten closer than I ever was to the Spirit.
    And now I've made spells and actually put time into them, still writing in rune too.
    Now every spell I work is effective and all of that [but it still is a bit difficult to read from time to time.]

My question is this, would using plain old every day text take away from the personal energy put into it?
    I'm wondering because I enjoy writing in rune, but I've never been great at reading it quickly.

I'd like to be able to read my spells without pausing in the middle of working them without sacrificing any personal energy that's been put into it.
    "The fire could not be tamed with the wind,
    nor the wind suppressed by the flames.
    As blending the Light with the Dark
    merely results in Grey." -Ville Friman

Re: Question on writing a spel.

That's 100% up to you. If you feel that it would take away from the experience, by all means keep doing just what you're doing. If you don't think it would be a big deal, go ahead and try using regular text If you end up hating that, go back. It's whatever you're comfortable with and want to try.

Comment

Working...
    X