A question for hedgewitches.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A question for hedgewitches.

I am starting to journey into this path and am reading a book called "to fly by night: the craft of the hedgewitch" I am basically reading this book to get other people views and to set a foundation for the path.

I will then later pick up books on otherworld journeying (I have a mentor who is showing me alter states of conciousness) Traditional/folk magic, natural remedies, nature spirits etc. And kind of build my foundation around that. The book I am reading is kind of the foundation and the other books if knowledge is what builds my beliefs. Cause no two witches are the same.

I came across the tool "The Stang" and before this path I have done hedgecrossing and have had success. I have had spirits communcaiate with me in the underworld and showing me things that they said they would show me here.

Now from what I understand "The stang" is like staff. It can be a symbolism of the world tree. The top half is the upperworld, the midle half the middle world, and the lower half, the underworld. Now I am also aware that it can aid into traveling into the worlds. I bought a walking stick from the dollar store not too long ago. It is wood and for the handle has a wooden ball. Its in great condition. And for the future I want to make it into a stang/staff to help me journey to the other worlds.

I was thinking about putting feathers, strings, and other decor on it. But I was reading the top should have 3 or two fork type things at the top. Makes sense if it is a symbol of the world tree. But this stick I have has a ball for the handle. What can I use to make the 3 forks at the top, or do I even need it?

also I will research on how one uses it on the internet, but my question is how can I make the stang at the top with the three forks if it has a ball. thanks and blessed be !

- - - Updated - - -

I mean stang*

- - - Updated - - -

I mean stang*

Re: A question for hedgewitches.

You could just use the staff as it is, as a, erm, well, as a staff. If you want to make a stang, but don't have a naturally forked staff, you can add your own metal prongs, or top it with a skull with horns or antlers (or just the antlers). You might also be able to add your own fork with wood, somehow, or another material, but those other methods are a bit more traditional to the tool.
    Hearth and Hedge

Comment

Thank you for this I will look more into it and probally just use it as a staff xD OR I could just find a stick that has 2 or 3 fork like thins at the type (is what most people do)

Comment

Originally posted by wind View Post
        Thank you for this I will look more into it and probally just use it as a staff xD OR I could just find a stick that has 2 or 3 fork like thins at the type (is what most people do)
        You can buy antlers online pretty reasonably. I was thinking you could use a two prong pitchfork head too.

Comment

thank you for the idea. I am thinking about removing the ball from the stick and adding a two prong pitch fork xD

Comment

Working...
          X