Why Wiccans Suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why Wiccans Suck

I think it highlights a real difference too between how humour is perceived both sides of the ocean. In the UK there is a strong thread of irony.... not sure whether this translates well to the US. People in the UK often say Americans have a difference sense of humour and maybe this is what they mean - I suspect that irony isn't that far away from satire. And yes, satire can definitely be harsh rather than comic.

In fact, some of the most popular comedy shows in the UK in past years often had a real thread of tragedy and/or cruelty running through them.

Not sure though, and certainly not trying to offend anyone here.
    www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Re: Why Wiccans Suck

At first I laughed and the list kept going on and on and found myself feeling they had a gripe about everything. It was amusing though, overall. Some of these hit home, some I never realized. The rebellion against Christianity and the gothed out kids wearing pentacles the size of plates has always been my one and only pet peeve about Wicca. This person does nit-pick a lot. My writer friend has a similar writing style and they describe it as "Trying to be funny by being an ass." and I think this is true. Unless you appreciate the abrasiveness of his writing, it's not going to be that funny.

Comment

Working...
      X