Moonatics Unite! A Sailor Moon Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Moonatics Unite! A Sailor Moon Thread

Hey, I watched Rainbow Brite too. I used to have a plushie of her horse.

Admittedly the story of Sailor Moon is pretty straight forward. What made it interesting was how for a girly story the characters had some depth to them.
    my etsy store
    My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
    surrounded by plush, downy things,
    ill prepared, but willing,
    to descend."

Comment

Actually.. I have a question already. You mentioned a character called 'Usagi', is this actually the bunny that makes pounded rice cakes on the moon? If so, where can I get my hands on this anime?
      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Yep, Sailor Moon's real name is Tsukino Usagi, which is a reference to the rabbit who makes the cakes If you can't find any on YouTube...um...Amazon?
        my etsy store
        My blog

to descend."

Comment

Originally posted by Caelia View Post
          Yep, Sailor Moon's real name is Tsukino Usagi, which is a reference to the rabbit who makes the cakes If you can't find any on YouTube...um...Amazon?
          Don't think I'd risk spending money on it, although I might check out what my library has. The only girly anime I have ever watched beginning to end was Moon Phase, and that was because some friends said I was just like Hazuki and I wanted to know who they were comparing me to with that evil glint in their eyes.. I kept getting lost about the storyline until nearer the end (JP says this is because there isn't one until then ^^).
          夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

If you and I lived anywhere on the same continent I'd totally share my copies with you. I need to have a Sailor Moon party someday.
            my etsy store
            My blog

to descend."

Comment

If you and I lived anywhere on the same continent I'd totally share my copies with you. I need to have a Sailor Moon party someday.
              Ooh cosplay!! Why don't we organise one? I mean an internet Sailor Moon party. Cosplay optional of course. We could agree what series we'll watch and all log on at the same time and watch together, pausing between each episode to chat and share cookies. Well, eat our own cookies anyway. I'm used to being awake at odd times so could be up in the early morning for this if those in the States were online in the evening! Just another of my wild ideas.

Comment

Hmm, I'll have to reassemble my Sailor Pluto costume...
                my etsy store
                My blog

to descend."

Comment

Shame on you for meeting social standards :P
                  LOL not meeting social standards was sort of my "thing" in my late teens though. I think it's more because teens love to stereotype themselves, and I was more the
                  60s hippie/50s beatnik different rather than an anime fan different and anime and sci fi and other stuff I actually really like didn't really fit into that.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                  Actually.. I have a question already. You mentioned a character called 'Usagi', is this actually the bunny that makes pounded rice cakes on the moon? If so, where can I get my hands on this anime?
                  I suddenly understand why her name translated into German was "Bunny"

To anyone who doesn't know it: http://watchseries.li/serie/sailor_moon
                  That's in the original Japanese, I think (with subtitles of course).

Edit: DAMMIT no links! To anything on that site anymore! I'm going to have to find somewhere else to watch all my favourite American shows now....

Comment

Hmm, I'll have to reassemble my Sailor Pluto costume...
                    Crap that means we would have 2 pluto's, and Im way too tall for Saturn, I might have the "personality" for Jupiter though now I think of it... I'm not sure my thighs could handle cosplay anymore tho... I'd have to have a year to work out... can I sign up to go througfh basic training again? that might do it for me...

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post

I suddenly understand why her name translated into German was "Bunny"

To anyone who doesn't know it: http://watchseries.li/serie/sailor_moon
                    That's in the original Japanese, I think (with subtitles of course).

Edit: DAMMIT no links! To anything on that site anymore! I'm going to have to find somewhere else to watch all my favourite American shows now....
                    In the Manga her name was translated Bunny. Or dumpling head :P This is one where I have much less anime experience than I would like, but the manga was stunning and had a really good story... Haruka and Michiuru especially, then they along with Setsuna adopt little Hotaru, and live together in a little house like she has 3 mommies! I love it, it really is a lovely story and stunningly drawn. Copying my favorite parts was how I learned to draw... incedently my figures tend to be a little bit elongated as a result... sorry I drool sometimes...
                    http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                    ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                      Ooh cosplay!! Why don't we organise one? I mean an internet Sailor Moon party. Cosplay optional of course. We could agree what series we'll watch and all log on at the same time and watch together, pausing between each episode to chat and share cookies. Well, eat our own cookies anyway. I'm used to being awake at odd times so could be up in the early morning for this if those in the States were online in the evening! Just another of my wild ideas.
                      Great! Maybe give a fair bit of notice though, so those of us who have to make things (out of sheer brokeness) have time?

I could scrounge together a Jupiter costume. I could also do Mars, but my hair isn't really long enough.

Comment

I could always do Neptune need a wig for it tho... then we just need a neptune! and saturn, and all the inner senshi!
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	neptune uranus pluto.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	351573This pic is supposed to be bigger... its so tiny!

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                        ~Jim Butcher

Comment

I think I might have had a plastic Sailow Moon costume once. To practice kana, I used to collect a magazine for really small kids, called 'Tomodachi' (yeah, honest that's why I collected it!), and you always got a ridiculous amount of free stuff, stickers and things.. things to cut out and make, and that kind of thing. One week, there was a circular dress printed on plastic (like strong carrier bag plastic), that you could wear and look like an anime character. I wonder if I still have it? I guess I might have stickers from the same edition..

Comment

I've realised that I have cut my hair off and so would need at the very least a wig for any of the characters, save Ami, and I would still need to dye my hair for her.

~Jim Butcher

Comment

Looking at these images, I think I'd need a very narrow skeleton and to be dangerously underweight to pull off any costume!

So shall we seriously try to do this? I could leave off watching it too if you like, so I'd be experiencing each episode for the first time. I can be flexible about the month but sadly, which night I could do it would depend on my rota, unless I have time to request the night off I guess.

Comment

I guess what we could do is pick a month to give us all prep time, and then leave the exact day up to schedules?

Comment

Working...
                                X