Reiki??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reiki??

I was wondering if anyone has any experiences with Reiki. I just recently started hearing about it and actually plan on taking a class on it tomorrow. From my understanding its apart of Western medicine where they use energy to heal with.

Re: Reiki??

I practice Usui Reiki. It's not Western nor medicine, though. It originates from Japan and was originally meant to teach Buddhism. That said there is a Westernized form of it, which is what you'll most likely run into in the Western world.
    my etsy store
    My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
    surrounded by plush, downy things,
    ill prepared, but willing,
    to descend."

Comment

In one of the stranger airplane experiences I've had, I sat next to a reiki instructor once and she worked some magic on my injured knee. I had no idea what the hell she was doing (she just told me what it was called) but it felt a ton better for a surprisingly long time.

Comment

I practice Usui Reiki and have found it to be a wonderful tool in meditative peace and a deeply rooted serenity. It's primarily a practice in being present and aware, without expectation, a relaxation technique that channels intention of a positive nature into another person.

Comment

Just FYI the class I'm taking I found out about in a local newspaper. The class is being held at a local hospital and is open to the public, so keep your eyes open if your looking to take a class on this.

Comment

I went to the Rieki class it was just a brief introduction. The person running it wants to train people so that they can volunteer at local hospitals. The class tonight was actually sponsored by the hospital that we were in. I'm still not sure if the classes are going to cost anything or not I'll wait and see what happens. They did do a small Rieki session on everyone that came and that ended up being very cool.

Comment

Working...
            X