Strange question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange question.

I know that this may be out of place but I am really starting to run out of ideas and places to try and find information. A few weeks ago I started to feel the sensation of something trying too push out of my back, from my shoulder blades. At first I just ignored the feeling but it's steadily got worse and worse and all I can think is that it is wings. I've tried googling it but the mention of angel wings pops up constantly and that is not what this is. I know it's not. It's not a feeling but I can't help thinking they are more like phoenix wings. Please don't think me insane, I am actually starting to get really scared.

Re: Strange question.

I know the feeling, I get a horrible pushing and swelling painful sensation in my upper back too, it is often accompanied by tingling and other sensations around my neck and down my arms. Often the problem is my posture and stress. I would try heat, and see if that helps, also having someone press on the painful areas can help as well, but it needs to be quite alot of pressure to help. try supporting your neck, or get a better computer chair. meditation can help to relieve some of the stress too. I hope that helps some.
    http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
    ~Jim Butcher

Comment

As a general rule, the phrase "really scared" is to be interpreted by all readers as "I shall not make stupid jokes." until after the original poster has calmed down. The offending post has been removed. I will not be entertained if I see another like it.
      Last edited by MaskedOne; 22 Feb 2013, 08:15.
      Life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

If you can find no physical cause you might consider learning more about the subtle body, your energy body.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by TeranikaSloane View Post
          I know that this may be out of place but I am really starting to run out of ideas and places to try and find information. A few weeks ago I started to feel the sensation of something trying too push out of my back, from my shoulder blades. At first I just ignored the feeling but it's steadily got worse and worse and all I can think is that it is wings. I've tried googling it but the mention of angel wings pops up constantly and that is not what this is. I know it's not. It's not a feeling but I can't help thinking they are more like phoenix wings. Please don't think me insane, I am actually starting to get really scared.
          The first thing to do would be to eliminate immediate physical causes. Maria de Luna's post is a good starting point. I don't know if you're a woman, or well-endowed, but making sure you're wearing a well-fitted bra can eliminate a lot of upper-body pain. Ulcers and acid reflux, weirdly enough, can cause back pain, as can gallstones or cracked ribs. Evaluate how you sit and lounge at home, how you lift things (including kids and pets), and how you work - repetitive motions, poor posture and poor lifting habits are usually pretty easy to correct just by changing your routine slightly.

Most of the time, if you're in physical pain or discomfort, there's usually a mundane physical cause behind it. I know it's boring but it's true.
          The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

First, go to a chiropractor or a physician. Tell them what you're feeling. If they can;t find a physical reason for it, then you should address the spiritual.

1. What does it feel like? Aside from the pressure and pain, is it its own thing? Alive? Is it a part of you?
            2. You need to let it go.

I had this happen many years ago. I let my wings unfurl during a ritual. Everyone seemed aware of them when I did. They never bothered me again.

Best of luck.

Comment

Working...
            X