Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Online (free) college courses (not for credit)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Online (free) college courses (not for credit)

I have some other websites that have been sitting around in my bookmarks for a while that I will link in a second, but first, I signed up with coursera and I'll sign up for the two courses you mentioned, Thal!

How cool... something we can do together! WE GET TO BE CLASSMATES!

Open Learn
    Khan Academy
    MIT OpenCourse

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
      So, I just started this class (its the one I talked about in the OP), and if anyone here has an awful meditation practice, or has fallen off the but, I reccommend it--he starts each lecture out with a "Meditative Moment", teaching a different technique. And the info is interesting and really good!
      I'm taking this too, and I find it to be not bad so far. You're right about the meditative moment, I really like that portion of each lecture. I struggle with the study questions, though - I'm too mathy in my mind. I have a hard time answering any question that is opinion based about a subject. But that's why I never took philosophy in school!

Now I just gotta wait till Monday so I can do next week's stuff

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by Raphaeline View Post
        I have some other websites that have been sitting around in my bookmarks for a while that I will link in a second, but first, I signed up with coursera and I'll sign up for the two courses you mentioned, Thal!

How cool... something we can do together! WE GET TO BE CLASSMATES!
        YAY!! We could even make a thread...

Right now, I'm on the Socrates stuff...

...is it weird that when I see Socrates written, I think Bill and Ted So-crates? Like when I see escape written I think Finding Nemo Ess-cah-pay?

Khan Academy is really good, if someone is already taking a class and needs some extra review, I really recommend it. The best part is that you can stop it and replay it over and over and over...
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

I'm waiting for naptime to get started with Know Thyself because the house is too loud to focus on it at the moment. I'm looking forward to it, though

I just finished looking through the other websites and it looks like they are more listening to lectures (which is my favorite part of school) - I like the familiarity of having an actual structure to a course that Coursera seems to have.

- - - Updated - - -

Just found Udacity, which is limited to courses in math, physics, business and computer science, and edX, which is currently very limited, unless there are more hidden somewhere that I haven't found.

Comment

Working...
          X