Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chalk?

Hi friends!
    I was wondering if, besides casting a physical circle, there are other uses for chalk in ritual, ceremony or whatever you call it.

Thank you!

Re: Chalk?

In areas where chalk occurs in the geological strata naturally, it has long been thought that it encourages psychic phenomena of various kinds. I think it probably has a whole range of magical and ritual uses, it just takes some magical thinking to tease them out!
    www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

That really depends on what sort of chalk you are talking about. There are like three different substances referred to as chalk: Sidewalk chalk, which is made mostly from gypsum. Rock climbing chalk, which is a magnesium compound I believe. And "True" chalk which is a sort of limestone.

I'm assuming you are talking about sidewalk chalk, and so here's a link to a website talking about the magical properties of it: Selenite
      Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

I'm sure it could be used in any case where you would need to draw or write something. You could use the appropriate color for your intention.
        Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
        -Erik Erikson

Comment

Working...
        X