Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lucky,unlucky and just what you feel is at work with this.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lucky,unlucky and just what you feel is at work with this.

Most of us have known someone that was VERY lucky,or someone that just seemed to draw bad luck to themselves.

The point of this thread is what do you think of this,and do you have any theories of why this happens to certain people.

I have personally known people that just seemed to be cursed with bad luck,and not caused by their bad behavior,or bad associations(hanging with a bad crowd)

So,just give your opinion on the subject or perhaps an account of someone that is VERY lucky,or VERY unlucky.

I personally have always wondered about this.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Re: Lucky,unlucky and just what you feel is at work with this.

I happened to be one of those people who tend to get bad fortune thrown at them for laughs. >.> And I've actually asked a fair few people of their perspectives on it.

I've basically come into two theories that I keep coming back to, depending on the circumstances.

1) By telling others about potential upturns and good news in your life that should come to fruition soon, you may be bringing that "bad luck" upon yourself inadvertently. There are many people (it seems) out there who are either blatantly or subconsciously jealous and their negativity may actually mess with the energies already at work to bring about that positive change/promotion/opportunity in your life. Or it could simply be the universe giving you a smack for feeling as though you deserve something (which is what it feels like to me at times, but that could well be my paranoia and self-pity kicking in from time to time).

2) Loss and pain are often the best teachers. It opens you up to emotions and ideas you wouldn't normally have been aware of or considered in order to make room for something new and profound. I've found the biggest and most amazing changes in my life have come directly after severe loss and those changes have lasted throughout the years for the better (mostly).

I'm still in my own dark woods of sorts, and maybe when I come out the other side I've have a better idea of why these things seem to happen. Maybe there's no reason, maybe I just need the reason to keep myself going through it. I'm sure there are several others frequenting this forum who have endured this and come out on the other side who know better than I do about it.

One point of note though, if there's one or two things that you're aiming for that surpass everything else- that are the reasons for even doing anything else- just hang in there. I went years being unable to find a decent job, where I had to sacrifice pride and dignity just to put food on my table, despite having a BA and numerous skills. Time and perseverance pays off, you make friends, you let go of how hard things are and how unfair it seems at the moment and you learn to see the little lessons, to pick up on the little positives, and to spend more time taking care of yourself than worrying about what the rest of the world thinks of you and where you ought to be given your age and background. And in time, things change and new doors open up and your contributions are realized.

A friend of mine at work has been to 5 funerals in 2 months, and not even the "friend of a friend" funerals. Two grandparents, an uncle, a boyfriend's mother and aunt. Times are hard, but we aren't alone in it.

Comment

Re: Lucky,unlucky and just what you feel is at work with this.

I must really agree with your point 2,a few years back I went through a VERY bad depression and other hardships. Through it all I became much stronger..I was in the mental health system for a bit,and one thing actually helped me get better much faster. i realized that my problems were minor compared to some I met in the system,and I actually played a bit of a therapist for some,talking for hours and suggesting ways to improve their lives. Coming out of that period I was MUCH stronger(what doesn't kill you). So,for the most part even though it was painful in the getting through,it was well worth the trip for the benefit it gifted me with. BTW,it was the deep depression where I did at one time have a gun in my mouth trying to decide if I should pull the trigger,I as you can see did not pull the trigger,but that had more to do with my concern how finding me after that would effect other people.
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Working...
      X