Songs That You Relate To The Divine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Songs That You Relate To The Divine

It has been on my mind most of the day, so I figured I would start up a thread on this.

Do you listen to any songs (Vocal, instrumental, even nature sounds) that you can relate to the deity(deities) you worship or recognize?

Does the sound of rainforest storms remind you of Hecate, or have an essence like her? What about that jazz tune that sounded like something Thor would listen to?

Share your personal music correspondences here!

Re: Songs That You Relate To The Divine

All music, at least good music, has a spiritual aspect for me. I'm hooked music that gives me goosebumps and chills

Right off the top of my head, I always think of Hecate when I listen to Emmylou Harris' Deeper Well. It is a powerful and moving song.

The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

This may sound funny, but for some reason Rihanna's "Umbrella" was my theme song for Bast for a while. "Look to the Sky" by Anna ft System SF also reminds me of her. Anything with a fast, relatively cheerful beat makes me think of Bast.

A thunderstorm is Set rolling in.

"Shiranui" from the Okami game kind of makes me think of Atum(-Re).
      Blog: http://thestarsafire.tumblr.com

Kuchi wa wazawai no moto (the mouth is the origin of disasters)

Comment

Turn The Wheel by Blind Guardian not only reminds me of the might of the Gods but of the necessary of all parts of the great cycle of the universe. Creation, Destruction, Transformation, and Preservation are all necessary. Even the way the song plays sounds like a mixture of order and chaos. It sounds like a hymn composed by an unfettered soul accepting the truth and being elevated by it.

Comment

Ben Lee - Song for the Divine Mother of the Universe.

Anything by my local pagan band - Spiral Dance.
          ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
          Seen the desert and the birds
          You cut your hair short
          Like a shush to an insult
          The world had been yelling
          Since the day you were born
          Revolting with anger
          While it smiled like it was cute
          That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

I listen to anything by Agalloch. Their work is beautiful and their songs are about the earth and man's place in it. They never fail to touch my soul whenever I listen to them, and for me, a walk through the forest with one of their albums playing is a very spiritual experience.

Comment

Yeah, a lot of Steve Roach's music is very spiritual to me. His song, "Dream Body" in particular. The way the sounds envelope and unfold into vast sonic space just floors me every time I listen to it. The song is on YouTube however I'm having difficulty posting it here for some reason.

Comment

Two of Wendy Rule's songs specifically Artemis and Hecate though I also like her Animus song.
                I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Bryan Adams - "(Everything I Do) I Do It For You"
                  sigpic
                  Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Immersion View Post
                    Yeah, a lot of Steve Roach's music is very spiritual to me. His song, "Dream Body" in particular. The way the sounds envelope and unfold into vast sonic space just floors me every time I listen to it. The song is on YouTube however I'm having difficulty posting it here for some reason.
                    Ah Steve Roach's music is as good for relaxing as it is for trance or meditation related exercises and rites. I think some of his music may have been designed for just such a purpose.

Comment

Meh...seems like every time I leave for a few months I forget the code for embedding YouTube vids...again. I just need to make myself a cliff notes of the code and email it to myself.

The year I found Frey, Sting's Fields of Gold was a big part of my life. I was in rural Idaho surrounded by wheat and potato fields every time I drove, so it makes sense: http://youtu.be/PeKE2Z-9HVM

Other then that, it's been mostly genres rather then specific songs. For example Angrboda led to a lot of Linkin Park, Rage Against the Machine, etc, etc. Gerd prefers silence in the garden.

I'd be very interested if anyone had something that really said "Freya" to them.
                      Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

The Eagle Will Rise Again - Alan Parsons.
                        My posts are generally sent from my cell fone. Please excuse my brevity, and spelling/grammar errors.

Comment

Working...
                        X