I didn't reaslise, polytheism was a game/war

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't reaslise, polytheism was a game/war

So i found this it's a cool read but like i said i didn't realise we were at "war"

The growing number of intellectual attacks on polytheism show we’ve grown to the point where we can no longer be ignored.

Re: I didn't reaslise, polytheism was a game/war

Well, in a way, pretty much everything we do can be seen as a "war". Do I get up in the morning or stay in bed? Do I cook a healthy dinner or get fast food? It is a constant struggle, harder for some than others, for us to do the things that we know we should do or to give in to what we want to do. And our choice of religious direction is not all that different.

For many, it is a fight every day against those that would look down upon us or cast harmful words in our direction. I know not a few former pagans that "lost" that "war" and found themselves rejoining more mainstream beliefs out of a need to survive and to fit in. Sad, but unfortunately true.

Also, many pantheons have aspects of struggle and war in them, some more than others, and I have found that those who follow such tend to adopt more aggressive attitudes towards life in general. Something that even the mainstream religions have in them as well.

It is the nature of all things to war, and when you break it all down into the most base terms possible, the reasons are the same. Food, sex, territory. From plants to flies, cats to lizards, birds to humans. In this sense, it a "war" for our territory, our right to hold on to what we believe, our right to believe.

Comment

Working...
    X