Blackmore's Night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blackmore's Night

Does anyone else enjoy their music? I just love it! I seem to go through phases where I listen to them all the time and I've decided I need to find more music like theirs that I like.

Does anyone have any wonderful music suggestions?

Re: Blackmore's Night

LOVE them Fires at Midnight is my all time favourite song!

As for musical suggestions, are you wanting the same sort of RenFair/Folk sound?
    "The doer alone learneth." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Oh that's such a great song! My favorite though is Ghost of a Rose, that song gives me chills every time I listen to it.

Yes I really enjoy the Folksy type music. I've heard some other songs hear and there but I never catch the names so I'm at a loss. My son really enjoys Blackmore's Night, he's almost two and he jams out whenever I play it haha. I would like to find more music like that rather then subjecting him to "Today's Hits", not that they're all bad, just not exactly appropriate.

Comment

Have you heard of/tried Mediaeval Baebes?

Comment

I love them! My girlfriend introduced me to them after I heard the song "Violet Moon" playing from a stereo at a Ren Faire. I thought it was awesome. She then struck and made me addicted.
          hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

Originally posted by Vigdisdotter View Post
            Have you heard of/tried Mediaeval Baebes?
            I have never heard of them but I'll make sure to check them out. Are they as good?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Malflick View Post
            I love them! My girlfriend introduced me to them after I heard the song "Violet Moon" playing from a stereo at a Ren Faire. I thought it was awesome. She then struck and made me addicted.
            That's kind of what happened to me, except my mom had me listen to them for the first time! Haha. They are super addictive! I never get tired of their music.

Comment

Originally posted by Jinx View Post
              I have never heard of them but I'll make sure to check them out. Are they as good?
              I like them, but while is sorta the same genre, the sound is different. Still, give them a shot and let me know what you think.

Also do you use www.Jango.com? It's a free music service. What I enjoy about them is that you can make personalizes "stations" and it will add/play music it things is similar to what you've selected. It has a surprisingly large library and is a good way to be introduced to new groups in a given genre.

Comment

I like them, but while is sorta the same genre, the sound is different. Still, give them a shot and let me know what you think.

Also do you use Jango? It's a free music service. What I enjoy about them is that you can make personalizes "stations" and it will add/play music it things is similar to what you've selected. It has a surprisingly large library and is a good way to be introduced to new groups in a given genre.

I listened to some of there music yesterday and they're really good. It is different, but still really good.

I've never tried Jango, I'll certainly have to check it out though. I've been using Pandora a lot but I feel like they play the same few songs all the time and it gets really old.

Comment

I listened to some of there music yesterday and they're really good. It is different, but still really good.
                  Nice! I'll have to go through my play lists and see what else I've got. I'm guessing you already listen to Loreena McKennitt and Enya....

I've never tried Jango, I'll certainly have to check it out though. I've been using Pandora a lot but I feel like they play the same few songs all the time and it gets really old.
                  We Canadians don't get Pandora, so I have no idea how it compares. So when you have a look, let me know

Comment

Nice! I'll have to go through my play lists and see what else I've got. I'm guessing you already listen to Loreena McKennitt and Enya....
                    Wonderful! That would be great! Yes, I do listen to both of them, Loreena McKennitt is one of my favorites.

We Canadians don't get Pandora, so I have no idea how it compares. So when you have a look, let me know
                    Your not missing much! It's similar to Jango in the sense that you can create your own stations but like I said it's the same songs over and over and over. It gets really repetitive...and slightly annoying lol.

Comment

Working...
                    X