This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

celtic torcs

not sure were to post this so I'm putting it here.
    I have been wearing brass/bronze celtic type torcs for a while now
    and to me it seems like they belong around my neck.
    and here is a photo of my torcsthe bear torc is from http://www.craftycelts.com
    and the big one is a home made one.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Big Brass Neckring 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	356055

Re: celtic torcs

just a bit of an update, I have fixed the big torc so it can not be removed and I will be wearing it permanentlyClick image for larger version

Name:	big brass neck ring no longer removable (2).jpg
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	352114

Comment

You seem very enamored with permanent decorations; both this torq and your body art. Can I ask why that is? Does it hold special significance for you?

Comment

Originally posted by Rowanwood View Post
        You seem very enamored with permanent decorations; both this torq and your body art. Can I ask why that is? Does it hold special significance for you?
        all my life I'v been attracted to permanent decorations and I am finally able
        to get them.
        it feels right having them and it also feels like that I now have things that
        have been missing

Comment

Originally posted by oldhippie View Post
          all my life I'v been attracted to permanent decorations and I am finally able
          to get them.
          it feels right having them and it also feels like that I now have things that
          have been missing
          Do you ever worry that your tastes might change later? I have a few tattoos myself, but I'm not sure I'd ever feel comfortable doing anything so drastic or visible myself, since I'm a bit mercurial. Do you consider yourself a really stable sort of person?

I know society has an idea that really visible permanent body decoration is due to not thinking stuff through, but I have to assume its actually the opposite, though I guess I don't really know and I'm a bit curious. Don't feel obligated to reply if you don't want.

Comment

I wonder if your pretty geographically bound? A chunk of metal wrapped about the neck and un-removable would make it extremely difficult if not impossible to travel via most commercial transportation. Self transportation of course is always a given but that also tends to be limiting in many ways in where one can gain access to.

I'm guessing you've chosen the blue hue due to its historical connection to the ancient Celts and Picts of Northern Britain and Scotland, perhaps even Ireland as there was some movement back and forth between the Irish clans and the Scottish Clans. Yet to be honest I always though that was a war / battle paint they put upon themselves not an actual tattooing of their body.
            I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

QUOTE=monsno_leedra;125010]I wonder if your pretty geographically bound? A chunk of metal wrapped about the neck and un-removable would make it extremely difficult if not impossible to travel via most commercial transportation. Self transportation of course is always a given but that also tends to be limiting in many ways in where one can gain access to.

I'm guessing you've chosen the blue hue due to its historical connection to the ancient Celts and Picts of Northern Britain and Scotland, perhaps even Ireland as there was some movement back and forth between the Irish clans and the Scottish Clans. Yet to be honest I always though that was a war / battle paint they put upon themselves not an actual tattooing of their body.[/QUOTE]

yes I have the tattooed painted face due to its historical connection to the ancient Celts and Picts.
              yes they did have war paint but as far as what is known they also
              did paint and tattoo themselves for everyday life too.
              yes I do not travel a lot and when I do I usually transport myself,the only thing
              that limits how far I can go is how much $$$$ I have

- - - Updated - - -

Do you ever worry that your tastes might change later? I have a few tattoos myself, but I'm not sure I'd ever feel comfortable doing anything so drastic or visible myself, since I'm a bit mercurial. Do you consider yourself a really stable sort of person?

I know society has an idea that really visible permanent body decoration is due to not thinking stuff through, but I have to assume its actually the opposite, though I guess I don't really know and I'm a bit curious. Don't feel obligated to reply if you don't want.
              my visible permanent body decoration is not something that was just done out of the blue,I have wanted visible permanent body decoration for a long time and have thought about it for a long time before getting it done

Comment

yes I have the tattooed painted face due to its historical connection to the ancient Celts and Picts.
                yes they did have war paint but as far as what is known they also
                did paint and tattoo themselves for everyday life too.
                yes I do not travel a lot and when I do I usually transport myself,the only thing
                that limits how far I can go is how much $$$$ I have ..
                Didn't know they wore it all the time or had tattoo's. Most of the stuff I encountered in Scotland suggested it was for war mainly not everyday usage. The way it was equated would be like a Knight in armor all the time which defeated the purpose of his armor. Most times it would be indicated via ramparts, blazes, clan emblems, etc to show who a person was or which clan they identified with. They only painted the blue face when they committed to a task and wore it until the task was finished, which usually revolved around battle or revenge. Bad part was there were so many groups that made up Scotland that not all were Picts but they often got lumped together when being discussed.

I can relate to the $$$$ issue and how far one can go with it.
                I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

my visible permanent body decoration is not something that was just done out of the blue,I have wanted visible permanent body decoration for a long time and have thought about it for a long time before getting it done
                  I had to assume so, since it is definitely very bold. Do you find that it effects how people interact with you? Are you employed? Does it effect your job?

Do they have specific significance or is it just sort of an intuition sort of thing?

Comment

I had to assume so, since it is definitely very bold. Do you find that it effects how people interact with you? Are you employed? Does it effect your job?

Do they have specific significance or is it just sort of an intuition sort of thing?
                    as far as how people interact with me I have not had any problems,Iv had people ask
                    the usual questions about tattoos such as did it hurt? how long did it take etc.

- - - Updated - - -

as far as how people interact with me I have not had any problems,Iv had people ask
                    the usual questions about tattoos such as did it hurt? how long did it take etc.
                    most of my tattoos do not have any specific significance though a couple do
                    I have a goat tattooed on my arm seeing that I am a capricorn so the sign of
                    the goat,also I like goats and I am attracted to horned gods such as Pan and Cernunnos.
                    I am interested in and am attracted to the ancient Picts and
                    being heavily tattooed you could say that I am a modern day Pict
                    I am semi-retired so no job to worry about

Comment

here is a photo of me with the big torc only

Name:	me permanent torc 2.jpg
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	352142

Comment

just a bit of an update,
                        I ended up removing the big torc
                        as the 2-3 lbs of brass was causing neck problems.
                        but not to worry I will be wearing my bear torc all the time.

Name:	Crafty celts bear torc.jpg
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	352180

Comment

i don't do the whole tattoo piercing modification thing meself...

but I have to say that's impressive - very much in the painted warrior way

kudos to you for going your own way

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                            i don't do the whole tattoo piercing modification thing meself...

but I have to say that's impressive - very much in the painted warrior way

kudos to you for going your own way
                            Thanks, yes you could say that I am a modern day
                            Pict,I do like tattoos and piercings

Comment

Working...
                            X