This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Year End Survey 2013

1What did you do this year that you have never done before?

2 What was the smartest decision you made this year?

3 What one word best sums up and describe your last year experience?

4 What are you most happy about completing?

5 What was the biggest risk you took?

6 What are you most grateful for this past year?

7 What was your biggest achievement of the year?

8 What do you wish you had done more of?

9 What do you wish you had done less of?

10 Knowing what you know now, if you could write a letter to yourself that would travel back in time so that you would receive it at the start of the year, what advice would you give your younger self?
    Satan is my spirit animal

Re: Year End Survey 2013

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    I broke 200 pounds. For the very first time in my entire life, a scale showed MORE than 200.

I picked up a recumbent exercise bike.

Typically-atypical.

Restarting the Damage Radio website.

Getting involved in another relationship.

Friends and family!

I survived.

Sleep.

Crying.

10 Knowing what you know now, if you could write a letter to yourself that would travel back in time so that you would receive it at the start of the year, what advice would you give your younger self?
    "Dear dumbass,

I know you won't believe this but I'm sending this to you, my younger self, to prepare you for the coming year. You're going to spend an inordinate amount of time wishing for things that just won't happen. Don't let the lack of fruition destroy you! There really ARE people that love you and truly care about you and that fact is not dependent on government services, physical abilities, or bank accounts. Remember that! It will be important!! You might also like to know that you do NOT wind up homeless this year. You WILL survive it! Chin up!

Yours truly,
    You"

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

LIVED IN THE YEAR 2013

STOP FIXING MY DAMN CAR. GIVING UP CABLE. LETTING GO

FUCKOFF

THIS WAS A YEAR OF JUST GETTING THROUGH. I DIDN'T COMPLETE A DAMN THING.

GIVING UP THE CAR.

SLEEPING PILLS

I LAUGHED. FOR REAL.

LOVE SOMEONE

LOVE SOMEONE

YOU ARE GONNA MAKE MISTAKES. IT'S OK. YOU WON'T REMEMBER THEM. THEY WON'T EVEN REALLY MATTER.
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

1 What did you do this year that you have never done before? I shaved my mom'd head. That was mind blowing.

2 What was the smartest decision you made this year? Deciding to take charge of myself

3 What one word best sums up and describe your last year experience? HOLY SHIT WHAT THE FUCK ELSE CAN GO WRONG?

4 What are you most happy about completing? Mostly, that I got through this year in one piece.

5 What was the biggest risk you took? I was too busy treading water to take actual risks

6 What are you most grateful for this past year? Amazingly, we are all still alive, and I'm honestly surprised.

7 What was your biggest achievement of the year? Dealing with all the crap for mom and not going batshit

8 What do you wish you had done more of? Recreation. Outside time with my kid.

9 What do you wish you had done less of? Panicking

Dear Self,

This year is going to punch you in the face. Get ready. Don't fuck around. But, you'll discover you are tougher than you think and you can deal with stuff that really sucks. Don't panic, manage. Also, spend less money because everything you own is going to break and need replacing. No really.

Love,
        Me

Comment

Punch-needle embroidery & helping a vet express an infected suture site on a dog. My dog. That's something else I've never been able to do - keep an animal with a serious medical issue and get it treated. I'm sad to say it, but most of the pets my family had when I was a kid were 'throw-away' pets. If they got seriously injured or ill, they were put down because no one could afford their treatment. (It was the 70s, there was a recession, give me a break, I was 5...)

Getting new mattresses.

Harrowing.

The dog's surgeries.

The dog's surgeries.

The dog survived and is back to her playful juggernaut self.

Nothing! I achieved nothing!

Had more sex!

Played less WoW.

Dear Me and My Husband,

The dog is sly and wily. Do not leave her alone for any length of time without the cone of shame. She will lick her legs at any opportunity. Right to the bone if she can. 5 minutes is long enough for her to do some serious damage to herself. Do not trust her for a second. Yes, the cone is big and bulky and a p.i.t.a. but it will save you so much grief.

Good luck,
          Me.

(Even today, months after the surgery sites were healed, she went after her damned leg AGAIN. One minute she was fine, the next - big raw patch on her leg. So she's back in the cone... /facepalm)
          The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

I can pretty much answer all of these questions with "My decision to stop dating". Except #3 (one-word summary - successful.) and #9, wish I'd eaten less carbs, and #10, I'd say,

Don't bet your usual $5. on the Kentucky Oaks - Add some serious zero's, girlfriend! Your hunch of "Princess Of Sylmar" to win is CORRECTAMUNDO!
            sigpic
            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Year End Survey 2013

I STOOD UP FOR MYSELF PROPERLY.

TO STOP WASTING MY TIME ON PEOPLE WHO REALLY DON'T DESERVE IT

S***STORM

MY BOOKS. SOME CARDIGANS.

NOT SURE I REALLY DID TAKE ANY RISKS REALLY. I'M NOT A RISK TAKER BY NATURE. MORE THE CAUTIOUS TYPE.

FOR MR PENRY. FOR HIS LOVE AND SUPPORT. FOR (PARTS OF) MY FAMILY.

PROBABLY NOT THROTTLING SOMEONE

WISH I'D BEEN ABLE TO GET OUT MORE THIS YEAR. GOING STIR-CRAZY IS NOT HELPFUL...

WISH I HAD WASTED LESS TIME ON PEOPLE WHO NEVER APPRECIATED IT...

"Dear Self,
              You know this is going to be one helluva year. Well - multiply that by 10. And for once, please, trust your instincts about the little S***weasel. And trust your instincts in yourself. You and Mr P are strong, but you also deserve peace and happiness. Go for it. And sod the rest.
              Love and cwtches
              Tylluan (SElf)
              www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

-Actually started a band.

-Moving forward with my ultimate goal in life.

-Chaos

-It isn't complete yet, but I'm finally recording an album I've wanted to for four years.

-Quit a previous job to write a novel (failed though.)

-My friend and currently only bandmate.

-Finally owning Pro Tools.

-Practicing and perfecting the guitar and bass parts of my doom metal album.

-Played less WoW and SWTOR. Though that's more from the first half of the year.

Dear me;
                This year will be full of crazy stuff. Some good some bad. You'll start a band and believe it or not, you'll upgrade to a 5-string bass. Beware your car. The transmission will go in December. And stop slacking with your immigration plan dammit!

Comment

1. I drove from WV to TN by myself (following hubby in the moving truck)! I had a fear of driving on the interstate and in big cities but I squashed that fear! :bounce:

2. moving from WV back to TN

3. different

4. getting moved and work done on our property. it was abandoned for over 10 years and we gave it life again!

5. moving back to TN

6. my husband and son and our health. also for great neighbors that took us under their wing and are like family to us.

7. moving back to TN and all we had to do to get the land cleared and cleaned off.

8. exercise because I have let my self get out of shape when I was working so hard to get in shape.

9. eating too much sweets

10. Letter to myself:

Dear Me,
                  GET OFF YOUR LAZY ASS AND GET TO GETTING HEALTHY AND DROP SOME WEIGHT!!! Also, trust your gifts and use them and do not be afraid to use them. They were given to you for a reason! What good is a gift if it just sits on the shelf? Learn more about it and how to improve and grow in it. Embrace yourself and what you have and thank God for your blessings!
                  Have more fun doing what you love.....hiking, taking nature pics, paranormal investigating....get out and explore....get in touch with your roots more and learn to can and do all the things you wish you could do! Stop wishing and get moving!!

Forever You,
                  Me
                  sigpic

Comment

Publish a book! 8D

Asking out Nightingale

Unexpected!

An Eloquence of Time and Space Kickstarter... What a crazy thing.

Saying I would be able to write a giant book of poetry when I had no idea if my talents was up to the task.

Having someone who loves me as I am.

Having a super duper successful Kickstarter !

Driving down to see my girlfriend, and writing. Wish I'd written more.

Moping, crying, shuddering, as well as appeasing people who really don't care about me.

Yo, hey earlier me. First off, time travel is real. And I guess since you're reading this, I won't exist. Actually, that is reason enough for me to not give this to you. This is a bad plan. Oh dear. Well, I'll still finish writing this.

Its going to be okay. All that pain, all that loneliness and misery? Its going to end. 2012 wasn't forever, and 2013 will be great. Don't be afraid, if something comes up and it is risky-- unless its that insurance job, don't take that, seriously-- do it!

But on that note, I know a long time ago you made a list of things that you thought you needed in a partner, most of them are right, but that part about them needing to be Christian? Yeah, skip that. And you might not want to try to court that super fundamentalist Christian girl and just admit you like the girl who actually has everything in common with you, that you can stay up till the edge of morning talking to you, and you already dream about. Oh don't give me that look. You know who I'm talking about. She's worth it. Even if you have to wait a long time.

Oh, and don't worry, the Doctor Who 50th Special is really good. Also, don't get too excited about the next generation of video game consoles, you'll be disappointed when they reveal them, especially the Xbox one.
                    -You
                    hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

JOINED AN ALL FEMALE COVEN

CHANGED JOB ROLES/TEAMS AT WORK

GROWTH

MY GIRL GUIDE LEADERSHIP QUALIFICATION

CHANGING JOBS

MY FRIENDS

LOST 50LBS AND GAVE UP SMOKING AT THE SAME TIME

SPENT MORE TIME ON THE FORUM

WORRYING

DEAR SELF,
                      AT THE START OF THE YEAR YOU ARE GOING TO FEEL LIKE S**t. EVERYTHING WILL BE FALLING APART BUT IT IS SO LOTS OF GREAT NEW THINGS CAN ENTER YOUR LIFE. TRUST ME, THIS YEAR IS GOING TO BE A GOOD YEAR FOR YOU.

P.S. YOU ARE GOING TO FEEL A BIT SAD TOWARDS THE END OF THE YEAR, DON'T LET IT TAKE AWAY FROM ALL THE GREAT THINGS THAT HAVE HAPPENED.
                      http://thefeministpagan.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

1 What did you do this year that you have never done before?

Faced my fear of roller coasters, went to a death metal concert, passed all of my classes, therapy, shrooms, acid, skinny dipping, casual sexy times, a regular practice of meditation, declared a major, got my driver's license, got on birth control, acquired a taste for beer, and I even learned how to whistle-hum.

Getting therapy.

Transformative.

All of my classes this semester

Probably getting to know someone who originally contacted me on the internet. I was a little afraid that he would turn out to be a creepy weirdo who keeps earth worm segments in milk cartons and chokes prostitutes with barbed wire while watching Jerry Springer, but he actually turned out to be a genuinely cool, caring dude who I'm glad I've gotten to know.

Real love, true friends, compassion, therapy, psychedelics, meditation, and jelly filled donuts. Mmm. Jelly.

Probably getting my shit in order regarding college. That and realizing what it means to love myself and other people.

Being in the moment and focusing on what truly matters.

Worrying.

To Young Lissa Loo,

I know that you feel terrible and confused right now, but this is only one level of consciousness that you have found yourself caught up in. The pain that you are feeling is only the passing of illusion. You will find the tools to get out of the mud very soon. Don't hate yourself; you're made out of stars so you are beautiful. Don't judge yourself; you're only human. You will come to find that the judgement riddled weasel crouching in your brain may be very loud, but he is not very wise. Acknowledge him, but do not listen. There will also be times when you uncover so much love in your heart that you will feel as though you are about to catch fire, and you will want nothing more than to live in absolute, unfettered connection and compassion with every suffering being on the planet. Do not be afraid.

Transition can be immensely painful for it is a form of death, but that pain will fade away as your rabbit skin is ripped from your boney flankings, and you will see that you were never a rabbit at all.

Oh, and don't date Jason. That's a shit move, mate.

Love,
                        Slightly older Alisa

Comment

had a baby

waitin to get into a relationship after meetin my current bf

dramatic

didnt really complete anythin this yr

movin in with my bf and his kids a few months after his divorce was finalized; nothin was easy about it, but it was worth it for all of us

my sweet daughter. shes my first baby!! DD

growin as a mother with patience, keepin my temper, cussin less, tryin to accept change better, and fair judgement not just towards my daughter, but my bfs kids too (mother-like to them)

worked

freak out about bein alone so much with my ppd

psh, i dont have time for that lol. just a note: keep it together

Comment

1. What did you do this year that you have never done before?
                            Learned to oil paint

2. What was the smartest decision you made this year?
                            Gave up on a few "friends" that were pretty bad for me to be around-mentally and emotionally

3. What one word best sums up and describe your last year experience?
                            Rollercoaster

The steps I've made towards my studio

Moving to Florida

My best friend/big brother supporting the move and letting us stay with him

Re-opened my etsy, and started actually selling things on it

Spent more time back home with my family

Thinking of idiots that weren't worth my time, energy, or effort

Quit worrying. I know it sucks, I know you don't want to hear it, but you've got to. It wont help anything and you'll be a lot healthier
                            Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
                            Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
                            sigpic

Comment

1 What did you do this year that you have never done before?
                              Had a (somewhat) successful poly experience. Brewed and bottled mead (and now I'm onto cider and port!). Ran an entire drill program at work (almost) by myself. Lied about my profession. Did yoga regularly. Moved away from my home province. Entered my art into an art exhibit.

Followed my heart.

Tumultuous.

This year wasn't really a year of completion.

Slept with a man who isn't the man I'm dating....and let both parties know about it.

Yoga by the sea, late nights wandering around Vancouver, and the love of someone I've nearly lost a thousand times over.

Started running regularly, and am still doing it. For the first time since my surgery, I'm under 150!

Sex. Yoga. Climbing. Running. Cycling.

Lying.

Follow your heart. And be prepared to learn some tact.

Mostly art.

Comment

Working...
                              X