Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medusa's Quesion du jour (the year of the horse edition!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    What is one think you are secretly vain about?
    Secretly? I dunno... I'm not particularly secretive. But boobs. Definitely boobs.
    ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
    Seen the desert and the birds
    You cut your hair short
    Like a shush to an insult
    The world had been yelling
    Since the day you were born
    Revolting with anger
    While it smiled like it was cute
    That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Re: Medusa's Quesion du jour (the year of the horse edition!)

My nails. It's driving me crazy that I can't paint them for my job. I love having my nails pretty. And that's about the only thing I care about on that level, physically.

Have you ever had a bad roommate experience?
      A couple. My freshman college roommate was the rich kind. She didn't even know how to use a microwave and started a fire our first day there by putting some ship in for like... half an hour? I was out. I'm just glad it was contained and my stuff didn't get lit on fire. She threw a fit because her parents wouldn't buy her a $300 pair of boots and a $500 coat. And she was Bible study, church every Sunday, Christian. Oh, and she said all homeless people could get a job if they really wanted one and we shouldn't have any assistance programs for the homeless because then they had no motivation to get there lives together. Oh the memories.

And my husbands mom. It's never good to live with the in-laws but it was necessary. One night, she got drunk, and tried to flood us out of the basement by turning the shower on down there, screaming how we didn't appreciate them, etc, etc.

What is one luxury you can't live without?
      A house. I couldn't live without my house. I need shelter. If I have to carry water home, I can do that. I'd hate it, but I could do it. And I only really use electricity for my computer and e-reader and I don't need either of those. I can curl up with an old fashioned book, not that I'd have time, hauling water and all.

What are you superstitious about and why?
      Mirrors. I can't stand mirrors. Too much fictitious evil I've read about with mirrors. There's the Jachyra (I think I spelled that right) in the Broken Sky series who spy on people through mirrors. And the movie Mirrors. And now that other scary movies I've caught pieces of that involves a mirror. And there's the whole the eyes are the gate to the soul thing so I feel like I'm looking into my soul when I look into a mirror and what I see scares me. On one level, it's superstitious nonsense, but still. I don't like mirrors. In fact, the worst part of commuting was looking in my rearview mirror at night off and on for a hour. I know, I'm kinda crazy.
      We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
      It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
      Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
      -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

If you're talking about physical attributes, it'd have to be a toss up between my hair and my eyes. I have long blond hair and green/blue eyes. My eyes I might be slightly more vain about; if you look real close, you can see pools of yellow and blue in them, and I always thought that was kind of neat

An inner attribute that I'm vain of would have to be my love of stories. I read a lot and watch a lot of tv and movies... I love anything with a good story, especially if it's science fiction or fantasy related

I'm not sure if that really counts as a vain the thing though....

Comment

What do you look forward to every week?
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I hope it will not be stressful. Exams and all of that..
            "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Well, it was The Walking Dead... but it won't be back til February. So I guess I'll have to go back to looking forward to the new posts on PostSecret.
              The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

I think I am very vain about my writing of fanfictions. I think I am a pretty good writer.

- - - Updated - - -

A video blog post from bookofspirals.com.
                Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

My days off - just being able to do absolutely nothing.

That and...having time to cook.

Comment

The class I have on Tuesdays, my professor is one of the most interesting people I've met.
                    My singing lessons... because I love singing.
                    And weekends... always looking forward to the weekend.
                    You remind me of the babe
                    What babe?
                    The babe with the power
                    What power?
                    The Power of voodoo
                    Who do?
                    You do!
                    Do what?
                    Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Is it bad that my first thought was "the next week"? ...ugh, try to come up with something positive, hmm...

Sylvie is back right now teaching yoga. I really look forward to her classes each week when she's here, because she's the most perfect yoga instructor I've ever had. She's witty, and funny, and when she shows you how to do something, it's easy to remember. She is the yogi I aspire to be.

Other than that....pay day. Always look forward to pay day.

Mostly art.

Comment

2 things: Thursday night: JP and I watch the newest episode of pokemon streamed from Japan. That's not so exciting, but since discovering we like macaroons, eating those while we watch has become a tradition. If I'm off work, I like to make a Japanese-style meal too, so it's like a mini theme party!

I also look forward to my Skype call with a friend every Sunday. It started mainly for speaking practice, but it blossomed into a genuine friendship. When you care about the other person, language practice doesn't feel like work at all!
                        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I wish I had something more high brow to share, but if I'm being honest, I'm very addicted to The Vampire Diaries, so that's the thing I look forward to most, at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by SleepingCompass View Post
                            I wish I had something more high brow to share, but if I'm being honest, I'm very addicted to The Vampire Diaries, so that's the thing I look forward to most, at the moment
                            yay, me too
                            You remind me of the babe
                            What babe?
                            The babe with the power
                            What power?
                            The Power of voodoo
                            Who do?
                            You do!
                            Do what?
                            Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

This is a tough question because my life isn't really parsed this way. Each day is sort of like the previous and the next, no weekly event worthy of anticipation stands out in my mind. I mean, great stuff happens, but in random ways on random days. Let's see .... Um, breathing? Breathing is good, all in all, but it is not weekly. That would be a neat trick, though. Nope, drawing a total blank here.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

Bones. Chatting with my besty. Shrug.
                                We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                                It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                                Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                                -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Working...
                                X