Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medusa's Quesion du jour (the year of the horse edition!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Medusa's Quesion du jour (the year of the horse edition!)

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    What's the most useless information you've taken the time to memorize?
    That horses can't throw up.

I watched this entire documentary years ago. I remember absolutely nothing from it but that single piece of information.

Comment

My service number(as in serial number) I STILL can remember it exactly,kinda like my SS number. In Boot camp you were required to remember it for everything.
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

The miscellaneous item code for a store that doesn't exist any more. It was useful (sort of) when I made it but I don't need it any more. Stores that don't exist don't use misc codes.
        Life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I know a lot of useless crap, but I'll go with the poem I had to memorize and recite in 7th grade. I don't have it memorized to this day, except for the first two lines, but I nailed it back then.

Oh, and the original PokeRap.
          Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
          -Erik Erikson

Comment

I'm inclined to say that it is the lyrics of "Ice Ice Baby"... but that + karaoke has led to me making too many new acquaintances/friends/lovers for me to call it "useless."

I would have to say that either "The Lord's Prayer" or "The Pledge of Allegiance" is the most useless thing that I have taken time to memorize.

Both are instances of meaninglessness that children are coaxed into saying without understanding... sadly, and uselessly, I have both memorized.
            "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

Pi down to the 10th decimal digit. Also, I still have a lot of math related equations memorized.

Mostly art.

Comment

Geez. It's been longer than I thought. I have a lot of catching up to do, here.

We too often focus on the bad, take a minute to share what you like about yourself?
                I *do*, in fact, know how to keep my mouth shut. I can be quite polite and even diplomatic when I try to be. It sounds strange [what, with how keenly and clearly I feel apathy toward a great many things] but it stems from caring about others. Compassion is not something I like to brag or boast of - it seems to belittle the empathy when one draws attention to it.

I can normally deflect a ton of expectation, in that regard, by throwing out the statement, "I do not like people."

If you had 24 hours and the means to go and do whatever you wanted, how would you spend it?
                Holy cats. To be honest, I'd probably spend it sleeping. I mean, there's tons of places of historical significance I would SOOOOO love to see. There's a great many people, mostly from PF actually, that I would seriously enjoy spending a day with. But pain, and my overwhelming fear of exacerbating it, and the fact that agony basically ruins enjoyment... plus, the bit about my temperament becoming more acidic in direct correlation to pain levels, I am loathe to inflict that toxicity on others.

F*** it. Go to sleep.

What's the biggest thing you've changed your opinion on?
                MMORPGs. Well, one in particular but it *had been* a blanket avoidance of any and all. Pointlessness on a major scale. My avoidance began with *most* video games, with special attention to maintaining a serious distance from MMORPGs.

I failed. And play one.

What's something common today, that use to be socially unacceptable?
                A woman working outside the home, earning an income.

*Though, if one uses the U.S. Constitution as a litmus, that equality is still unacceptable. But the argument could be made that culturally unacceptable is different than socially. I'm talking about women not being given the rights, guaranteed by our constitution, that ex-slaves we given, even. The Equal Rights Amendment never made it through the ratification process.

What's one critically acclaimed book/movie that isn't worth read/watching?
                *diz one gonna be good.
                Want a list? I'd start with that abominable Harry Potter bs and, next, attack anything related to Twilight, Dragonball, and Hunger Games. Continue through Quentin Tarrentino's library of films and then target a huge number of 19th and early 20th century literature.

At this point, I'd have to say et al. I've a host of frauds in, film and literature, that simply have to go away, ASAP. Like, people that should never have been granting an acting contract, to begin with.

What was the last 'nice' thing you did for yourself?
                Uh. I woke up and got dressed. Does that count?

What's one food item you dislike but you keep trying anyway?
                A dish called "Spanish rice" or maybe even raisin rice pudding. Though, the latter has been off the menu for a couple years, now.

What do you remember about your first crush?
                My serious *first*? Like... my second grade teacher? I remember being pissed as hell that she went and got pregnant by this asshat, that she was apparently married to. I was crushed.

What's one bad habit of yours you wish you could kick?
                Depends on the day of the week, pretty much. Some days, "breathing" qualifies as a habit I'd like to kick. Every once in a while, smoking gets on the list but that one is never very seriously considered. Procrastination is always lurking there, somewhere, waiting to be kicked - I just haven't got around to it, yet.

Oh, and I've developed this habit of eating that seems to have slipped out of acceptable range, as well.

How do you see yourself spending your time in your old age?
                Fearfully, I see my dotage being spent alone and forgotten in some gods forsaken home, run by the state.

At best.

What's your best tip for saving money?
                Aside from "don't spend it," "always remember: a SAVINGS account is not a SPENDINGS account" (which includes coffee cans, piggy banks and shoe boxes) and "you can't spend what you don't have" - I have no tips for saving money.

Back when I was able to work, tho, my plan was simple: regular pay went into checking and all overtime pay went into savings. I also defined "emergency use" [what the savings was destined for, if not vacations or major, well-planned purchases] very, very specifically.

Which fairytale is your favorite?
                Any (every?) fairytale that doesn't end with "...they lived happily ever after."

What's the best conspiracy theory you've heard?
                *everyone don your tinfoil hats and let's do this!
                Best? That's ambiguous...

The one I giggle the most over (yes, giggle) is the falsified moon landing. A close second, favorite of mine, is the CIA's mind control of the populace with the use of contrails.

Elsewise...

I think the conspiracy theory with the least evidence to defeat it, however, is the corporate ownership of each and every citizen in the nation.

What was your favorite TV show growing up?
                In my youth, I'd have to say the early Muppet Show. Or possibly M*A*S*H*.

After those came Connections (with James Burke).

Subsequently, TV programming faded into history, for me, with the sole exception of educational programming (read as: documentaries).

Honestly, every last thing I've ever memorized. From the aforementioned Pi (to an equal 10 decimal places), to lock and locker combinations, to psych- and behavioral patterns, to birthdates and anniversaries, phone numbers and even my Social Security number. Useless information, that seems more important to others than it does to me. I find it trivial drivel, indicative of a more militant (for lack of a better word, ATM) lifestyle than I care to live.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

The Raven, Edgar Allen Poe. I enjoy it. But it is useless. Accept that I enjoy it. Especially when I sing it to the tune of Deck the Halls... Try it sometime. It's fun. "Once upon a midnight dreary, falalalalalalalala! While I pondered weak and weary, falalalalalalalala! Over many a quaint and curious, volume of forgotten lore!" Etc, etc.

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
                  Holy cats. To be honest, I'd probably spend it sleeping. I mean, there's tons of places of historical significance I would SOOOOO love to see. There's a great many people, mostly from PF actually, that I would seriously enjoy spending a day with. But pain, and my overwhelming fear of exacerbating it, and the fact that agony basically ruins enjoyment... plus, the bit about my temperament becoming more acidic in direct correlation to pain levels, I am loathe to inflict that toxicity on others.
                  Well she did say with the means necessary... So you could have a magic drug to get rid of the pain and still leave you conscious and visit all or our lovely PF folk and those historic sites.
                  We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                  It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                  Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                  -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

The hardware abstraction layer. It's put together with "common sense" in mind, so when someone interviews a techie (and they're non-tech), you have to learn how stupid people would troubleshoot something just so you can explain how someone that does it for a living does it. Huge pain in the ass, and an even bigger waste of time.

Oh...and hello to the folks that noticed

Comment

I have a pretty impressive knowledge of voice actors and their work. Plus I can recognize some by their voices in different roles - Billy West, Jim Cummings, Jeff Bennett, Cree Summer (of course), Tara Strong, Tress MacNeille, etc. - and usually all it's good for us yelling out their names triumphantly when I hear them and annoying the hell out of everyone else in the room by listing other popular roles.

I also do this with movies and TV shows aside from animated ones. It irritates everyone but I can't stop.

Comment

What's the biggest misconception people have about you?
                        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I don't really know, actually.

I mean, I know a whole bunch of people thought (or think) that I've gotta be taller than 5'4". I know that there used to be this idea floating around that I used to ride a Harley, or similar. Maybe, on the other hand, it's that one misconception that I'm super intelligent. Or super retarded.

I don't know what people think of me, to be honest. I haven't really paid any attention to that.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

It is that people might think I am actually a robotic A.I. sent from the future to kill Sara Conner....only partly true..
                            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I look older my age, so people often consider that I serve in army and think strange things connected to age. It's pretty funny, actually

- - - Updated - - -

Bjorn knows XD
                              "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

I have a deep voice that carries over distance, a little too well (this got me in trouble a LOT in school).

My voice happens to be at a register that is very easily heard... even from afar (think foghorn).

As a result of this, I have a reputation for being loud.

I do not speak loudly... but, my voice is clearly heard, and carries quite well.

When I intend to be loud and project my voice, I can silence a room... but, my normal speaking voice is misconceived as being "loud."
                                "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

Working...
                                X