Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medusa's Quesion du jour (the year of the horse edition!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Medusa's Quesion du jour (the year of the horse edition!)

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    What's one cold hard truth about life and getting older?
    Nothing matters, so chill the fuck out and don't waste your life working. Relax and have fun man.
    Yikes, all that cultural appropriation that used to be here tho

Comment

What's one cold hard truth about life and getting older?
      That there is no such thing as a "one true love", and even caring deeply for someone doesn't mean you are compatible or can hold onto each other. Love is a choice to be hurt, make it carefully.
      Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Originally posted by Dez View Post
        That there is no such thing as a "one true love", and even caring deeply for someone doesn't mean you are compatible or can hold onto each other. Love is a choice to be hurt, make it carefully.
        Unfortunately in most human societies, having more than one love is frowned upon. Stupid social constructs.

Comment

Which of life's little things make you happy?
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Chocolate.
            �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
            ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
            Sneak Attack
            Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Good food and happy kitties.
              Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Cats & dogs - possibly the two best creations of our species (if you don't count children).
                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

The older I get, the longer that list gets... There are far too many of them to list, but this one jumps to mind:

Seeing people enjoying themselves without not caring what people think. This is why I love karaoke. There is always, at least one regular, with ZERO talent, who gets up and sings as often as possible. They are terrible, but they are clearly putting their heart into it, and are having a lot of fun. I LOVE IT. I can't keep from smiling, even now, just typing about it.
                  "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

Lots of things, these days.
                    Sewing patches on my vest, naps, when my chinchilla gives me his little kisses, thoughtful messages from friends, when people take the time to get to know me because they genuinely think I'm cool (not because they want something from me), libraries, the smell of grass, trees branching toward the sky, really awesome little forums like this one, new episodes of my favorite podcasts, being able to look up and see the stars, walks at dusk, swingsets, my buddhist books, how soft my chinchilla is, how warm my bed is, when strangers smile back at me, etc. etc. etc.

Comment

Chinese food.

What? Pizza is not a little thing.
                      Life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Roknrol View Post
                        Unfortunately in most human societies, having more than one love is frowned upon. Stupid social constructs.

Yeah, well...that hasn't stopped a large portion of mankind for most of history, now, has it?

Hot tea.

New clothes, especially shoes, that no one else has worn.

A glass of wine with dinner.

Petrichor.

Finding a way to surprise the people I love.
                        Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Sleep ins. Lorikeet gurgles. When you catch that moment between sunset and twilight where everything is golden and shining.

Comment

Books, going out to eat, baby smiles.
                            We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                            It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                            Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                            -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Cheese.

My dogs.

Reading.
                              ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                              Seen the desert and the birds
                              You cut your hair short
                              Like a shush to an insult
                              The world had been yelling
                              Since the day you were born
                              Revolting with anger
                              While it smiled like it was cute
                              That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Cats (cats are awesome!!! ), hugs, pizza from time to time.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and reading! Reading is awesome! And some music..
                                "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Working...
                                X