Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medusa's Quesion du jour (the year of the horse edition!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Medusa's Quesion du jour (the year of the horse edition!)

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    What's the kindest thing a stranger has done for you?
    A worker in a bakery agreed to sell me what I wanted to buy a few cents less.
    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

My neighbors (who I've talked to all of twice) keep leaving things for the baby on the porch... they seem to think we're incredibly poor. Really, we're probably technically on the lower end of middle class.

Oh, and we can't forget those people who keep trying to save me. I don't know why they think I need saving but, hey, it's a nice gesture.

If someone were to empty your purse or wallet, what's the strangest thing they would find?
      Ear plugs. I wear them to the movies.
      We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
      It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
      Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
      -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

In a LONG drive-through line, after a particularly insidious night shift: When I finally got the the window, I was informed that the person in a vehicle well ahead of me had ordered a really large order, and had added an extra $100 in payment to cover the people in line, to make up for the inconvenience... my meal was covered by that customers overpayment.

Kinda made my night, and made me feel a little generous... I gave $20 the lady, to add to the credit for the people behind me.

I've often wondered if anyone else added to the pot... and how many people got an unexpected free meal that night.
        "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

Originally posted by ThorsSon View Post

In a LONG drive-through line, after a particularly insidious night shift: When I finally got the the window, I was informed that the person in a vehicle well ahead of me had ordered a really large order, and had added an extra $100 in payment to cover the people in line, to make up for the inconvenience... my meal was covered by that customers overpayment.

Kinda made my night, and made me feel a little generous... I gave $20 the lady, to add to the credit for the people behind me.

I've often wondered if anyone else added to the pot... and how many people got an unexpected free meal that night.
          Wow that is epic. That person is a legend.

I'm sure strangers have done good things for me, but I can never remember these things off the top of my head. I just get excited when someone lets me into busy traffic.
          ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
          Seen the desert and the birds
          You cut your hair short
          Like a shush to an insult
          The world had been yelling
          Since the day you were born
          Revolting with anger
          While it smiled like it was cute
          That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

A neighbor of mine brought vegetables from her garden to my family.

- - - Updated - - -

If someone were to empty your purse or wallet, what's the strangest thing they would find?
            A bookmark.
            Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Two unrelated strangers came to my aid, just a few weeks ago. I'd been doing errands and took on more than I should have. Barely able to stand, I fell down in the parking lot. In tears, I tried repeatedly to get up off the ground, when these two people came running, from different directions, to help me to my truck.

I gave both of them a HUGE hug and my undying gratitude.

Originally posted by ThorsSon View Post

I did something kinda similar, a few years back. Though, I wasn't about to go through the drive-thru for my order. We had a gathering on our back deck, 9 residents of the house, here, plus another 6 or 8 people. I went to Hardee's for an impromptu picnic. After ordering this humongous order (and freaking the SHIT out of the guys in the kitchen), that came to something in the neighborhood of $70, I gave them a c-note for the inconvenience. (I miss having a good paying job!) I also told the grill cook to take his time, that he could focus on the other customers and just do mine in-between.

But because there was two elderly couples behind me, in line, when I made my order (after which, I stepped aside to wait, patiently) I paid for all their meals.

Full price, though. I'm not sure why they didn't get a senior discount, even if someone else was buying.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Gave me a ride to the gas station, filled up my tank, gave me $15 for the road and shared her beer and weed with me.

Canadians can be nice sometimes

Comment

What's one thing every single person should know how to do?
                  Relax.
                  random thing

- - - Updated - - -

I keep that simple: money, brush, two hair ties, wipe for glasses, keys, feminine napkin. Usually there is a receipt or two or a business card, though I clean those out regularly. Maybe the weird thing is the naked practicality of the thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Agh! Thal, I had a girlfriend like you in college! Her purse was amazing ... and very heavy, so it doubled as a weapon. Not that she needed to smack anyone with her purse since there was a gun in it, too.

- - - Updated - - -

I have known many kindnesses from strangers, and can't choose one as the best.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

What would you like your tombstone to read?
                    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Oooh...good one.

Honestly...I don't know. Nothing seems to fit. Seriously, I'm a wordy motherfucker...my tombstone would have to be enormous with tiny tiny print and would cost a fortune.

Barring that occurrence, I'd have to say:

"I was."

Comment

Ideally: Rez Plz.
                        Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

"Gone in search of divine pizza"

or

"I'll be back"

or both, thus satisfying my fondness for T2 and pizza
                          Life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Return to sender.
                            The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Wow, that's an unusual question
                              Let's see.... Of course I give the credit to Mo. I want it to read probably: "Gone searching for divine cats."
                              "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

I told you I was sick
                                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Working...
                                X