This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We STILL don't have our new airport

Spitting in the face of the stereotype of German efficiency, Berlin's new main airport (scheduled to open in June 2012) will not open until at least 2015: http://www.thelocal.de/20140108/berl...open-this-year

Our tax Euros, hard at work!

Funny thing is, I was supposed to fly out of that airport in 2012. When I called Air Canada to ask which airport I'd fly out of after it was announced that it wouldn't be open, I made a joke that it would probably open in 2015. Be careful what you say, people.

Re: We STILL don't have our new airport

This makes me feel so safe about the Femern Bridge project. I mean, Danish government projects usually gets delayed by 3-5 years, so having the Germans involved will make sure that it will be in the lower end of the spectrum. Right?

Okay maybe not.
    Warning: The above post may contain traces of sarcasm.

An apostrophe is the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

"Why is every object we don't understand always called a thing?" (McCoy. Star Trek: The Moive Picture)

Comment

Haha don't trust them! They run efficient companies but completing public projects on-budget and on-time is not their strong suit.

Comment

The all I can say it: "Oh dear".
        Warning: The above post may contain traces of sarcasm.

An apostrophe is the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

"Why is every object we don't understand always called a thing?" (McCoy. Star Trek: The Moive Picture)

Comment

Just wanted to say it was funny to see somebody griping about their tax euros for a change.

Also, we have a hospital being built around here to replace three other regional hospitals. It is 4 years behind schedule, so Canada has its issues as well.
          White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
          sigpic
          In Days of yore,
          From Britain's shore
          Wolfe the dauntless hero came
          And planted firm Britannia's flag
          On Canada's fair domain.
          Here may it wave,
          Our boast, our pride
          And joined in love together,
          The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
          The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc_Holliday View Post
            Just wanted to say it was funny to see somebody griping about their tax euros for a change.

Also, we have a hospital being built around here to replace three other regional hospitals. It is 4 years behind schedule, so Canada has its issues as well.
            LOL not glad to hear that, but it's sort of nice to hear that the grass is not greener back home.

Comment

Working...
            X