Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pierce this, pierce that, but don't pierce the cat!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pierce this, pierce that, but don't pierce the cat!

This lady decided that it would be fun and profitable to pierce up some kittens, and sell them as "Goth Kittens" on the internet.

As it turns out, this is animal abuse, and illegal.

Pennsylvania Woman Sentenced to Six Months for Creating “Gothic Kittens”

As always,. the best part are the comments...

bec
    This is simply awful to do this to these poor babies, and then try to make a profit out of them; how cruel. The judge should have not allowed her to have any type of animals in her possession. What makes the judge believe she won't torture another again? Bad judgment.

brian m
    a judge should judge by what is right---whats wrong with piecing a pet.. and why shut down her buisness. when she has done nothing wrong--this is communism

AJ
    Communism? that may be the most foolish thing I've heard in a while - did you not read the part where a veterinarian said that the animals were disfigured and could have died...and only for cosmetic purposes?
    Last edited by B. de Corbin; 03 Mar 2014, 08:14.
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Re: Pierce this, pierce that, but don't pierce the cat!

This is just... I can't find the suitable world.
    Sometimes I wonder why do such people live anyway....
    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

ive got snake bite lip peircings and ive got to say doing any body mod on an animal is wrong expecially if you arent a proffessional.
      Knowledge is the key to eternity. Not bowing before a deity not grovling at the feet of a messiah. Knowledge is power beyond mesure - satanic witch

Comment

The trouble is, they're cats, my cat tries to eat her collar (she can't reach it, but she tried really hard as a kitten) if they pulled out a piercing, they could really injure themselves. Also the article says they had hearing damage, they also have some growing left to do at the age they were pierced, which means that things move and may become a major hinder acne to their well being down the line. I get why she did it, but it was a bad idea, and not likely good for the kitties, I wouldn't liken it to torture, so much as endangerment.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, side note, not sure why they shut down her business for 2 years, would not piercing any animal be a violation of probation or something? She probably hurt her business enough by putting the kitty piercing thing out there and getting in trouble for it.
        http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
        ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Communism? Really? Wow.

Piecing, too, huh?

Gotta be careful of that guy.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I love how most people have -no- idea what communism actually is (this is about that comment quoted in the original post).

How can anyone not understand how that is animal abuse? When you pierce your ears, you choose that for yourself. Your pet cannot consent to having holes punched into its body. For the record, yes, I am also highly against piercing babies and think it shouldn't be allowed.

Comment

If I had different ethics I'd call for this woman's clitoris to be pierced. Repeatedly. With porcupine quills.
              Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
              -Erik Erikson

Comment

Originally posted by Clive View Post
                If I had different ethics I'd call for this woman's clitoris to be pierced. Repeatedly. With porcupine quills.
                My suspicion is that she would like that...
                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                  My suspicion is that she would like that...
                  I thought of that, but I'd figure out some way to make it hurt (in a non-sexy way). There are such things as anus piercings. I doubt anyone would like an anal quill piercing when combined with the practice known as figging. Then again, who knows.
                  Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                  -Erik Erikson

Comment

Won't even google "figging" because I have the feeling it would be hard to burn out of my freaking eyes....
                    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                      Won't even google "figging" because I have the feeling it would be hard to burn out of my freaking eyes....
                      It's not so much visually unpleasant...it's what it causes the recipient to feel that makes me not want to try it.
                      -Erik Erikson

Comment

Why in Life's name am I reading about anal piercings and porcupine quills + a clitoris outside of the adult section?

Better yet, don't answer that.

Just move those concepts to the adult board or drop them entirely.
                        Life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                          I love how most people have -no- idea what communism actually is (this is about that comment quoted in the original post).

How can anyone not understand how that is animal abuse? When you pierce your ears, you choose that for yourself. Your pet cannot consent to having holes punched into its body. For the record, yes, I am also highly against piercing babies and think it shouldn't be allowed.
                          ^SO agree! Have always thought so!

Comment

This sort of thing makes me deeply and intensely sad.
                            sigpic

Comment

I think she should be in prison for more than six months, dare I say it.
                              "As long as humans continue to be the ruthless destroyer of other beings, we will never know health or peace. For as long as people massacre animals, they will kill each other. Indeed, those who sow the seed of murder and pain will never reap joy or love." - Pythagoras

"I too shall lie in the dust when I am dead, but now let me win noble renown." - Homer, The Iliad

Comment

Working...
                              X