This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cellphone Discussion about "OnePlus One"

I'm looking to get a new phone and I heard about the OnePlus One phone from my hubby who spoke to his friend about it. http://oneplus.net/one

Does anyone here plan on getting one? I haven't done too much research on it yet because I just now found out about it but it appears there are currently only two ways to get one.
    1. Invite from someone who has one.
    2. Entering contests.

I like what I've seen so far and figured I'd start a conversation here to discuss what you guys thought of it. Please keep discussion on this phone only.
    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Re: Cellphone Discussion about "OnePlus One"

As an off-hand note - you can generally find (on ebay or equivalent) someone offering to "sell" an invite, generally they come pretty cheap (that's how I got into th Google+ Beta before I gave them up as a bad job).

The latest technology news and reviews, covering computing, home entertainment systems, gadgets and more

This review seems pretty positive, although there are some downsides that they mention that may be dealbreakers for you.

Apparently the technology isn't quite up to snuff...bad call quality and not the most responsive device in the world.

However it does reduce the cost of your phone significantly...I didn't see anything about contracts there, so that may be something to consider as well.

Last year I finally shed the last vestiges of my contractual obligations to AT&T. I paid the full price for my phone and told them to stuff it. Of course, due to my Unlimited plan I'm still *with* AT&T, but at least now I have the option to leave whenever the hell I feel like it....just a matter of finding something better.

Comment

Re: Cellphone Discussion about "OnePlus One"

On the website, it said the phone service is provided throguh AT&T and T-Mobile. I'm currently with verizon until my birthday at which point hubby and I already decided to switch back to T-Mobile. (We only switched to verizon back when they were discussing the merger with AT&T and I absolutely cannot stand AT&T. But that's a rant I don't want to get into right now.) This OnePlus one phone isn't too bad looking and most of the bad reviews I've read we're primarily about the invite feature. Supposedly, a bunch of invites are going to be sent out on June 6. Which is cool. A day before my birthday. Dunno if I'll get one but I know someone who is going after this phone and if HE gets an invite, and purchases it, he'll then give us one. I'm not terribly concerned about it whether I get this phone or not. I'd like to, but I've got the Nexus 5 as a back up if the OnePlus doesn't work out. I just hate the phone I have right now. Galaxy can show off.
      �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
      ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
      Sneak Attack
      Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Working...
      X