X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slenderman stabbing

WTF?
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Re: Slenderman stabbing

I have to scratch my head and repeat "WTF"?

And I can't help but note that psychopathic behavior is being blamed and the internet, again...
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Well...not getting any faith in mankind now.
      "As long as humans continue to be the ruthless destroyer of other beings, we will never know health or peace. For as long as people massacre animals, they will kill each other. Indeed, those who sow the seed of murder and pain will never reap joy or love." - Pythagoras

"I too shall lie in the dust when I am dead, but now let me win noble renown." - Homer, The Iliad

Comment

What could anyone say about this,so far off normal that it makes one start to doubt reality just a bit.

There was the Leopold and Lobe thing way back,if one remembers that or read about it. I think perhaps some people are born "Broken"....But still "WTF"
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

These kids are 12.... Effing 12! Why didn't their parents tell them about fact and fiction? Why didn't these kids have someone telling them how dumb this is? Why did the victims parents not know where their kid was? These buggers are freakin 12.
          http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
          ~Jim Butcher

Comment

In cases like this one frequently hears that the frontal lobes in a child's brain are not fully developed, which means that they are not fully aware of the consequences of their actions, or entirely able to decide if something is a good idea or not (short article here).

But something like this is so far out of the norm that there must be other, more serious issues going on.
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

The slenderman thing is new but kids killing kids is not. Just think it makes more headlines today. Still screwed up though. Makes it hard to truly trust anyone who claims to be a friend to your children, i'm sure the victim though they were friends as well.
              I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Wasn't it just a few years back where a 12 year old boy in Detroit shot and killed someone? IIRC there was a rash of child-killings around the same time, all around the same age.

Children are monsters unless taught better. Parents are the reason that everyone else sucks.

Comment

Is it weird that I'm slightly offended that 'being female' was part of the 'did not see this coming' list? Females can be just as psychotic and mentally unbalaned as males can!

. . .

Wait . . .

Comment

Maybe I should change the title to kids killing kids...

^so sad...
                    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dahll Haus View Post
                      Is it weird that I'm slightly offended that 'being female' was part of the 'did not see this coming' list? Females can be just as psychotic and mentally unbalaned as males can!
                      That's what stood out to me too when I first read it. Not the rest of it really, I've read some incredibly horrific stories in the past and this isn't even in the top 10; but the female part... as murderess' aren't a thing.

Comment

Yes, women can commit terrible and brutal acts. However, going by FBI stats, generally they don't do murder. So, having an alarmingly brutal crime committed by children and by the gender responsible for less than 10% (granted 9.7 is very close but it isn't 10) of US homicide where the killer's gender is reported will provide a surprise. If the numbers are offensive, you'll just need to talk more guys out of killing so that the comparative handful of female killers counts for more or talk more women into going out, killing people and getting caught so that the Feds have more stats.
                        Life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I don't think that this can be blamed on the parents for not better monitoring their childrens' internet usage. When I was their age my parents let me watch all kinds of horrifying movies; It, The Exorcist, Salem's Lot, The Shining... you name it. Avoided sewers a lot, but never killed anybody. Never even got into a fight.
                          Sometimes people don't want to accept that there's no clear cut way to prevent certain tragedies. Sometimes horrible things happen that couldn't have really been foreseen and prevented.
                          My heart goes out to the child victim and families of all involved parties.

Comment

No, but the parents can certainly be blamed for not teaching their children between fantasy and reality, and the significance of life and death - at least to the point of "killing is wrong".

Obviously these ideas were not firmly instilled in their offspring.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that this kind of "sickness" goes well beyond parental abilities. Particularly, in the US, I feel it's more in tune with a sort of cultural desensitizing of death, and specifically killing someone. It's in our games, books, short stories, news, movies, colloquialisms, neighborhoods, etc., and it's interlaced with both instant gratification and an accepted level of disregard for personal responsibility, in the form of blame, mostly.

It's not new, either. Kids as young as 6, if I remember right, some 40+ years ago got into a similar nightmare. What we have, among the many, many problems in our society, is a tendency to refuse to admit failure or recognize problems, until it's far too late to do any good. Self-perpetuating blame game, that is.

An infantile reaction to taking responsibility. For anything.

12 year old girls. Hideous and morbidly saddening turn of events. Sickening, in the truest sense of the word.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Working...
                              X