This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Background and Obligatory Research Material Request

A little bit of background: I grew up Christian, though as early as 13 I was, on at least a subconscious level, questioning the veracity of the religion I was born into. When I got into college, I basically quit Christianity (though not to my family yet, unfortunately) and was perfectly happy not believing in particularly anything.

Because of the nature of deities as humans describe them, and because in spite of their downfalls they expect humans to worship them (allowing egregious crimes to be committed in the name of "free will", against those who do not have the strength to stop it, thus negating the victim's own free will), I have been by and large athiestic in the original sense of the definition (i.e. not believing specifically in gods). That doesn't mean that I don't believe there to be supernatural forces alive and capable in our world.

In the last year or so, I have been slowly circling the ideas that make up paganism. I am already fascinated by the non-religious aspects of witchcraft/herbology/etc. and though I am not particularly fond of gods, thought I might give some of the more religious beliefs within Paganism a shot. Who knows, maybe I will find something that clicks.

So now my obligatory request for info: If there are any sticky threads/buried threads within the forum that you think I should look into, please point them out! I am also looking for any books, youtube videos, podcasts (already listening to Wigglian Way, and loving it), or documentaries that you feel would be worth sharing with a newbie. I am up for just about any spectrum of belief within Paganism at this point. I have a Paganism encyclopedia of sorts that covers a broad range of beliefs, origins, and symbolisms for plants, crystals, etc., but obviously need more than just that to go on.
Working...
X