This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why human live?

I want ask you about something... Can you tell me why we live? What is taget?
    If you belive in reicarnation ok but I want you for what? When we all the time die aafter reborn, ok but why we all the time living?

Re: Why human live?

I don't believe in reincarnation.

We live because life exists.

Life exists because it has evolved though natural processes.
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

What do you mean "evolved though"? To becoming perfect human?
      This question is very difficult and I don't know why life exists...
      Some pagans or people who belive in reincarnation say something like that "Humans shoud to aim at becoming "superior being" like god.
      It's very curious thought...

Comment

Originally posted by Shredder View Post
        What do you mean "evolved though"? To becoming perfect human?
        No, I mean that the species Homo sapiens is a product of evolution, like all other life forms (from bacteria to lizards to cows to people). Life isn't something mystical, its a biological process.

Does that make sense?
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

Now I know what you mean. You don't belive in creationism, I mean why everything must live? for what? Make seanse if you dont belive in after life, reborn and die it's very simple process.

Comment

I'm gonna answer your question with another question.

Why not?
            �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
            ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
            Sneak Attack
            Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

It's possible if somebody dont belive in after life.

Comment

Coming from the same background as you my kin, I can say that I do believe in an after life. I know Thor waits for me, but watches over my deeds and actions in this life. But going back to science, I can say the old Norse stories do have a lot of points that we can fit into modern day times. For example, Ginnungagap was a vast nothingness, which when introduced with Niflheim and Muspelheim, there was a "Big Bang" of energy.
                As well with Odin breathing life into elm and ash, can we relate to evolution, as nature gave birth to us through a constant change.
                Why are we here? Ha, well, I do believe we hold a purpose. A purpose that cannot be described by only science. While my own opinions wrap around serving and pleasing my gods, it goes a lot further into every day life, of how I treat other people, and how I can make my Gods proud. So with that being said, what drives us to be kind? What drives us to love? What makes us want to be angry, or destroy? What brings us to killing other people, or saving a life for our own? These are questions much of science cannot answer directly. These are examples of how our gods effect us in our lives. Freya brings love into my life, and opens my eyes to its beauties. Frey has shown me how to be kind and civilized towards my kin, and others I may meet. Thor has shown me the benefits of being angry, and the joy in competition. He has shown me how to succeed and how to do my best. Odin has shown me how a life cannot be completed in just happiness. There needs to be death, there needs to be despair, and there needs to be destruction in order for there to be peace. He has shown me the power in wisdom, and knowledge, and thus, has given me the obligation of seeking education.
                I think we are here to, in other words, be. To live to our best capabilities, and to honor our ancestors, for if our ancestors didn't, we wouldn't be here either.
                "In the shade now tall forms are advancing,
                And their wan hands like snowflakes in the moonlight are gleaming;
                They beckon, they whisper, 'Oh! strong armed in valor,
                The pale guests await thee - mead foams in Valhalla.'"
                - Finn's Saga

http://hoodednorseman.tumblr.com/

Comment

Why does a cow live? A snake? A bird, a lichen, or a microbacterial fungi?

Because it is the way of the world. Because of what Thal said. Because mother nature doesn't care whether you live or die. Because if you weren't alive, you'd be dead.

Mostly art.

Comment

Without mortals, there would be a distinct lack of acceptable pizza. For the proper glory that is pizza, mortal life is required. Therefore, we have mortal life.
                    Life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

The answer is 42 of course...what other answer could there be..that or we have all been just a part of a cosmic dream of a stone god,buried within the center of a star.

I think perhaps it is a toss up,flip a coin to find the answer.

- - - Updated - - -

We die,because all things must pass to make room for the future..simple really...
                      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Seven and a half weeks from now I will be alive for pizza! (My annual trip "home".) I.CAN'T. WAIT.

Other than that, we're here because we're here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ps85649fWk
                        sigpic
                        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I can't resist a good existentialist thread.

Why do we live? Most people don't. Moving through life in endless monotony, getting up and working and going home and sleeping. No hopes or dreams or spark in them. Doing what they're told, basically a zombie. Some people are corpses who just aren't polite enough to bury themselves. What is life? Is living just respiration and moving this meat suit or is it experience driving us to strive and try and want and do?

We live to find meaning for life. I'll give you a hint: there isn't any. Whatever point you find to keep living is deeply personal, driven by reason and emotion, but it's abstract. Emotions are insubstantial and subjective- the meaning of life is speculative at best, at worst a delusion. Whats the point to get up every morning beyond "it's what's expected of me?" and really there comes a point where society be darned- who cares what people want from me? What drives a person; family, friends, goals, hobbies, maybe they just really want to see how that tv drama ends. Isn't any reason sorta useless though? His reason to live is frivolous to someone, and yours doesn't make sense to her. There is no unifying reason to live- there isn't one at all. Look for one and convince yourself it matters and keep going for it.
                          They moaned and squealed, and pressed their snouts to the earth. We are sorry, we are sorry.
                          Sorry you were caught, I said. Sorry that you thought I was weak, but you were wrong.
                          -Madeline Miller, Circe

Comment

Easy question.

We live because we fill an ecological niche. We will continue to live as long as that niche exists, and we fill it, and something doesn't come along that fills it better, or we are unable to adapt when the niche changes. Or a big bad thing happens, like a giant Quasar fart in our direction.
                            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Working...
                            X