Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
    After such kindness from PF members in convincing me I am NOT a few sandwiches short, I ruin it all by, despite having a degree in zoology, thinking, 'is that an egg? Nah, she's too young to lay eggs', while cleaning my kitten's litter tray.

Well, you're intentions were genuine, but maybe I'm not quite the full picnic after all! ^^
    Jemma, sweetheart? I know it's just my opinion and all but...

I think you are QUITE the picnic, just the way you are! Who needs all those sandwiches, anyway?!?

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Jem is making me hungry! .... That is my rant for the moment. :P
      �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
      ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
      Sneak Attack
      Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Ugh Why is Berlin the LAST PLACE in Western Europe to ban smoking? I miss summer and the ability to breathe and not get really sick when I go out. One day into Autumn and I already have cabin fever....

Comment

Well... those mates who got in a relationship and I KNEW theyd involve me in their arguments even though I outright TOLD them not to.... have had a big fight and now Im listening to two crying people and cant give any advise or listen to them complain about the other. Fan-Tastic.

The pair of them wouldnt know an uncomplicated shag if it came with a BIG NEON SIGN saying I AM AN UNCOMPLICATED SHAG do not make this into something its not.

GAH! Hopefully the equinox will bring them a bit of balance.

Comment

So I get home from work today all excited to try a new chili recipe, go to the bathroom, and my brand stinkin' new stinkin' bathmat has been nearly drenched in pee by my bloody kitten.... Why? My other bath mat got eaten by my first cat, now I get a new one and it is suddenly a bloody litter box! She pees nowhere else in the house except the litter box and my new bathmat! Stupid kitty!!!!! GAH!!!!

/end rage
            http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
            ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
              So I get home from work today all excited to try a new chili recipe, go to the bathroom, and my brand stinkin' new stinkin' bathmat has been nearly drenched in pee by my bloody kitten.... Why? My other bath mat got eaten by my first cat, now I get a new one and it is suddenly a bloody litter box! She pees nowhere else in the house except the litter box and my new bathmat! Stupid kitty!!!!! GAH!!!!

/end rage
              Magpie has decided that now the futon is no longer a second toilet, the mat around the bathroom sink is a good substitute too. You can see her litter tray from the bathroom door. She has no excuse!!
              夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                Magpie has decided that now the futon is no longer a second toilet, the mat around the bathroom sink is a good substitute too. You can see her litter tray from the bathroom door. She has no excuse!!
                I totally get it! My kitty has no excuse eigther, the bath mat is in the same bloody room! It is actually harder to get to the mat than it is her box!

All I wanted was a nice new mat that the big kitty would'nt tear apart, and the little kitty turns it into a toilet, I don't even get to have it clean for 2 weeks before I have to throw it away, pee also apparently does NOT come out of memory foam...
                There's got to be a lesson here... somewhere...
                Last edited by Maria de Luna; 24 Sep 2012, 03:10. Reason: computer froze and doubble posted

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                ~Jim Butcher

Comment

One thing I learned about Kittens NEVER take them from their Mothers to early, Mother Cats train their kittens to do all the things that we humans desire from them. Using the litterbox is one. I really don't think we humans can train them aboutit,it is a lesson they learn from other grown Cats. This may be the problem,that the kittens were separated to soon from their Mothers.
                  MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                  NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                  don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                  http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                    One thing I learned about Kittens NEVER take them from their Mothers to early, Mother Cats train their kittens to do all the things that we humans desire from them. Using the litterbox is one. I really don't think we humans can train them aboutit,it is a lesson they learn from other grown Cats. This may be the problem,that the kittens were separated to soon from their Mothers.
                    Anunitu is right. I got my cat as a gift from my mother, who gave him to me at FIVE WEEKS OLD. I spent the next six months training him not to pee on everything I owned.
                    Last edited by volcaniclastic; 24 Sep 2012, 06:45. Reason: spelled yer name wrong! oops

Mostly art.

Comment

I've wondered that too. We got Moggypie at 6 weeks, which they say is old enough, but I wonder if maybe another week would have done her good. JP's mum has had many cats over the years, and she says that even fully litter trained cats will sometimes pick a second toilet. She says it happens more in a multicat home, if only one tray is offered, because some cats need their own toilet and won't share. She also has a queen who won't poop if there is already a poop in the tray. She will do number two, number two, on the mat! She lived with other cats from birth, so had plenty others to learn from.

I guess cats are just sometimes a bit contrary by nature. Even in the ideal situation, even when you do all you can, they still don't do as we wish sometimes.

Putting citronella behind the TV, did stop her going behind there altogether, so you could try that. It might keep your kitten away from the litter box too though. Unless there is somewhere else ypu can keep it for the time being (we don't use the citronella now, but she still respects the space behind the TV as a no-go zone).
                      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I sometimes wonder if my cat was taken away from his mother too early. He's elderly, so now he'll just pee on anything soft on the floor because it's convenient, but I found that even when he was younger, he'd pee on things. He also seems to get separation anxiety really easily, and he's never been very good at cleaning himself.

Comment

Eh my shelter cat is obnoxiously well behaved, the one with the pee issue was a former feral, I imagine the mother made the separation decision about her, but she's clearly a runt... and I think we are lucky she doesn't have far more social issues. I would have a few peoblems too if someone came up behind me and chopped my leg off at less than 3 months old.
                          She does have an odd penchant for stealing dice though...

My rant is that she is too cute to get mad at to her face, so I have to whine on the forum and put everyone off....

~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post

My rant is that she is too cute to get mad at to her face, so I have to whine on the forum and put everyone off....

That's frequently the issue. My Cats peeing seems to be territorial most of the time.

Comment

WTF is it with people putting their names in purple????? Purple just washes out into one big blur, can't f-en read it dam it so what's the point there purple people?

Is there something wrong at my end(ya I know I left the door ajar on that one) or is this just something you all do to piss the rest(OK some of us) off!
                              Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                                WTF is it with people putting their names in purple????? Purple just washes out into one big blur, can't f-en read it dam it so what's the point there purple people?

Is there something wrong at my end(ya I know I left the door ajar on that one) or is this just something you all do to piss the rest(OK some of us) off!
                                If you're talking about the names above avatars, it's a forum setting for donors, like the red for Admin
                                The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Working...
                                X