X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]1286[/ATTACH]

If I have to read one more bad FB meme about putting God back into everything, I'm going to scream.

This is my new theme meme for the topic...

Oh, and the upstairs neighbor and his really loud and aweful old country music is going to die.
    Thalassa, may I use that?

Also, all upstairs neighbors must like loud bad music... cause they all play it, and apparently release elephants to dance to it...
    http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
    ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
      Thalassa, may I use that?

Also, all upstairs neighbors must like loud bad music... cause they all play it, and apparently release elephants to dance to it...
      lol!!! and sure!
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

Lovely photo but that's not actually "the original Pledge", as it says. That's what it was changed to, in 1923 give or take, from "my flag" to "the flag of the United States of America".

The McCarthyism-based bastardization took place in 1954... the same time that the salute was changed to the right hand over the heart, by Congressional act. Both of which are often touted as the "right and only way". I'd love to see the reactions if some socio-political group adopted the previous salute. It was similar in form to the so-called 'Nazi salute'.

Oooh! Can't have that, now, can we! *facepalm*

Ignorance is infectious.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
          Lovely photo but that's not actually "the original Pledge", as it says. That's what it was changed to, in 1923 give or take, from "my flag" to "the flag of the United States of America".
          Bellamy's only real objection to this change was that it ruined its cadence, lol. He also wanted to add equality in there, right before liberty and justice, but feared it wouldn't be approved, most establishment people at the time not believing in liberty and justice for anyone but white men.
          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

So the hospital is doing "breakfast with santa." Who goes to the hospital to see Santa?
            Oh, all of you hipster parents living in the city whore fuse to say no to your bratty undisciplined snots.... awesome.
            (I don't hate children, just bratty ones who never hear the word no..)

On the positive side, since he has the "shape" for it, the man in charge of hospital security is currently trolling the cafeteria dressed as "santa" and that is well worth a laugh...

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
            ~Jim Butcher

Comment

[...] most establishment people at the time not believing in liberty and justice for anyone but white men.
              I just woke up, so I'm having a bit of trouble with details of the era but I think that should be *some* white men. I believe Catholics and the Irish were (still?) being excluded at the time.

Too much fog on the brain!!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I'm off work today. I'm still sick. My lymph nodes are swollen. Not as much as yesterday. I heard that it's because they are trying to fight off infection. The children I tended to on the birthday parties last week must have gotten me sick. And I was to have a party today. But I told my boss I didn't think it was a good idea. I'd just get them all sick again. So I'm home. Tomorrow I have a party.

*crawls back to sleeeeeeeeeeeeeep
                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

The one time someone actually comes to chat when I'm away for a second...

Sorry, whoever that was.
                  my etsy store
                  My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
                  surrounded by plush, downy things,
                  ill prepared, but willing,
                  to descend."

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
                    I just woke up, so I'm having a bit of trouble with details of the era but I think that should be *some* white men. I believe Catholics and the Irish were (still?) being excluded at the time.

Too much fog on the brain!!

lol...I made one just for you Chain

Click image for larger version

Name:	original pledge.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	351563

Its 5 am, I've been up for an hour after going to bed at 11, and I haven't had my coffee yet...please forgive typos
                    sigpic

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1290[/ATTACH]

Its 5 am, I've been up for an hour after going to bed at 11, and I haven't had my coffee yet...please forgive typos

I love you!

Comment

Why is it so hard to just let me clock in, do my job and clock out? Why do I now have to take quizzes, field trips and attend pep rallies? All of which seem to disrupt my me-time and not my work-time?
                        The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Why do i always put my work off until the last minute and then spend all of the saturday and sunday before my assignment is due in going ARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHH ASSIGNMENT STRESS!

Comment

There are HOW many people on the planet? And I find HOW many defectives?
                            sigpic
                            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1290[/ATTACH]

Oh my goodness, I love this, even more so than the last one! I love, love, love it! This is what I am teaching my child! Teachers are going to hate me...

My rant, Trans-siberian Orchestra is apparently inappropriate music... I am supposed to be allowed to play Christmas music... I picked Christmas music! F*** this bloody bulls*** organization... I followed the rules and I am still not acceptable to their friggin standard... Too exciting my a**!

~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
                                My rant, Trans-siberian Orchestra is apparently inappropriate music... I am supposed to be allowed to play Christmas music... I picked Christmas music! F*** this bloody bulls*** organization... I followed the rules and I am still not acceptable to their friggin standard... Too exciting my a**!
                                ROTFL!!! Trans Siberian Orchestra is too exciting???? o_o
                                Meh, I can sorta see that... but even so, since when did web-filters get so picky and opinionated? Imma scared now... the computers are coming to life and next it will say, "you can't view this food site, it has too much calories within the recipies here and you're looking a little too round these days..." O_O
                                My everyday wacky blog

Comment

Working...
                                X