THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Someone touched my altar. When I got home, things were missing. And it was destroyed. My statuette of the goddess was broken. I mean, seriously?! Who would do this?! That's just not right! Even a cfiminal would know enough to respect someone else's religion... and now I'm shattered. Because it wasn't a criminal(as far as I know). So it was someone in my house... So... it feels like they just squashed everything...

Comment

Originally posted by pjbaldwinjr1 View Post
      Someone touched my altar. When I got home, things were missing. And it was destroyed. My statuette of the goddess was broken. I mean, seriously?! Who would do this?! That's just not right! Even a cfiminal would know enough to respect someone else's religion... and now I'm shattered. Because it wasn't a criminal(as far as I know). So it was someone in my house... So... it feels like they just squashed everything...
      That's pretty awful. But remember: it isn't the stuff that makes us pagan. We can be pagan without goddess statues and without crystals and athames, too.

Maybe you can glue some things back together? I broke a fluorite bowl on my altar last year and I carefully glued it back together. It's not perfect, but it's good enough for me.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
        That's pretty awful. But remember: it isn't the stuff that makes us pagan. We can be pagan without goddess statues and without crystals and athames, too.

Maybe you can glue some things back together? I broke a fluorite bowl on my altar last year and I carefully glued it back together. It's not perfect, but it's good enough for me.
        V, It's not about the altar. It about how horrible my family is. And how insensitive they are. And mostly how hurt I am that they could ever do such a thing. It's like if I snapped a crucifix in half, then shreaded it, and fed it to the dog with silver spoons, then taking the fecal matter and painting a KKK sign with it.

Comment

Originally posted by pjbaldwinjr1 View Post
          V, It's not about the altar. It about how horrible my family is. And how insensitive they are. And mostly how hurt I am that they could ever do such a thing. It's like if I snapped a crucifix in half, then shreaded it, and fed it to the dog with silver spoons, then taking the fecal matter and painting a KKK sign with it.
          I'm so sorry they aren't accepting of you . Your family indeed does sound horrible... And they're only going to drive you further from them if they keep acting like that... I hope things change, but if they don't, you won't be at home forever... Though that doesn't make the intervening time any easier.

Hold in there as best you can. You deserve to be treated with a lot more love than that. And if your family is Christian, well, I hope they start "doing unto others" like they should be.
          hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

My brother has been short of breath and coughing almost nonstop for three days now. I keep waking up in the middle of the night to hear him hacking and choking. He refuses to go to a doctor, regardless of if my parents help pay for it I'm really getting worried. Even if it is just his childhood asthma returning to haunt him, it could still be serious. He's being so goddamn stubborn. He says he'd "Rather die than pay to go to a doctor," which is just stupid. Shortness of breath can be a symptom of many serious ailments, and if it is something serious, the longer he waits to treat it, the more it's going to cost him. It could even wind up killing him. For all we know, he might have walking pneumonia.
            I feel so helpless. He's over 18, so we can't force him to get checked out. I just have to watch him suffer like this and I hate it. I really love that dumb, stubborn bastard, and I just don't want to see anything bad happen to him.

Comment

I really don't want to play along with the delusional "parent's" crazy delusions, and I really don't like her interpretation of my abstinence of those conversations as being proof of her credibility in claiming the most bogus weirdness.

Comment

Six weeks without internet. F'ing Hughes.net tells me I have to pay for an upgrade, and rental fee on new equipment, in addition to the money I am already spending on "fast, reliable internet," which I am not getting.

I pitched a bitch and am getting a free upgrade, and they are waving the rental fee.

All you have to do to get a square deal is threaten to go somewhere else...
                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                  Six weeks without internet. F'ing Hughes.net tells me I have to pay for an upgrade, and rental fee on new equipment, in addition to the money I am already spending on "fast, reliable internet," which I am not getting.

I pitched a bitch and am getting a free upgrade, and they are waving the rental fee.

All you have to do to get a square deal is threaten to go somewhere else...
                  Yep, that's about right. Sad that it always seems to take that exasperated step to get anything done.

Comment

iTunes, why do you have to suck so much?

Mostly art.

Comment

*cough*Apple*cough*

No software prejudice to see here. Move along.
                      Life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                        *cough*Apple*cough*

No software prejudice to see here. Move along.
                        Hey man, I'm a PC person. But I have an iPhone. And I've been spending the last two days trying to update my music. But the last software update on iTunes totally changed its format, and now nothing works right.

Stupid POS.

Mostly art.

Comment

Yeah, I'm trying to restore my iPhone and it just won't let me.
                          [4:82]

Comment

Originally posted by Dumuzi View Post
                            Yeah, I'm trying to restore my iPhone and it just won't let me.
                            I swear they make their stuff to last only one year at a time. I've had my phone for a year and a half and it just doesn't really work all that well sometimes. And the battery is shit if I want to use my phone for games or music for any length of time.

Grr.

Mostly art.

Comment

my neighbors have effing issues...OMG

Comment

So stressed I can't even eat... UUUGH I HATE THIS SO FUCKING MUCH
                                "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
                                - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

Working...
                                X