THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Dammit, Dad, stop sending me mixed messages.
    Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
    -Erik Erikson

Comment

Gas cramps.
      The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

I really don't appreciate you going around behind my back and telling everyone you never want to be my friend ever again. Grow a pair and tell me to my face, for Christ's sake. I thought our friendship meant more to you than that. You're a grown man who acts like a little girl. I know that I screwed up and hurt you, but that doesn't give you the right to treat me this way. You're being a puss.
        I was honest with you, even though it wasn't easy. You think it was fun telling you that I didn't actually have feelings for you, that I was mistaken?! No, I knew that it would break your heart. It was really hard. But, you know what, I manned up and did it. You could try to do the same for me. This is weak, and it's seriously pissing me off.

Comment

I had a rant. I forgot what it was.

Damn.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Another day unable to eat solid food... Fucking uvula being so stress-sensitive... Grrrrr ><
            "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
            - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

Ok, petty rant.

Why did I not buy more pork buns at the bakery this morning?!? OMGs, soooo freaking good, but I only bought one because I wanted to try it before I risked buying more.

>.< Stupid cautious self!
              The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

*insert string of gibberish in place of rant*
                �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                Sneak Attack
                Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Dear hiring company,

I was hired as a manager, but basically all my job title has become is "security guard without a corporate backer." I don't really get paid enough to be threatened, robbed, or physically assaulted at work on a regular basis; and then told by hq that I'm not doing enough to reduce lp.

I think it's time for a new job.

Comment

So, yesterday I was having a semi-formal prayer session at my altar...candles, smudge, incense, nothing too fancy. When I was finished smudging I ground the end of the stick in my censer to extinguish it. It continued to smoke slightly but it seemed to be going out. After I was finished I left the room. Maybe 45 minutes later I returned to the room to find that the smudge stick, which had only at this point been half consumed, was now a pillar of ash. I guess from here on out I'll be dipping smudge sticks in water when I'm finished.
                    Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                    -Erik Erikson

Comment

Just this: Fellow Human beings...WTF,to many people just going off and killing other people...Stop it,just stop it and take a chill pill.
                      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Clive View Post
                        So, yesterday I was having a semi-formal prayer session at my altar...candles, smudge, incense, nothing too fancy. When I was finished smudging I ground the end of the stick in my censer to extinguish it. It continued to smoke slightly but it seemed to be going out. After I was finished I left the room. Maybe 45 minutes later I returned to the room to find that the smudge stick, which had only at this point been half consumed, was now a pillar of ash. I guess from here on out I'll be dipping smudge sticks in water when I'm finished.
                        I did this on Beltane! Okay, so outside altar, SUPER windy and raining, and kept blowing out my candles. Well, there's a decrepit tree house on my property, and you see where this is going yet? I put the altar in the treehouse, went inside for the night (so the candles could keep burning and not sputter out).

Woke up in the morning to a burn mark on the floor of the treehouse, because one candles decided to fall over in the wind. All's good, but whoops!

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                          Six weeks without internet. F'ing Hughes.net tells me I have to pay for an upgrade, and rental fee on new equipment, in addition to the money I am already spending on "fast, reliable internet," which I am not getting.

I pitched a bitch and am getting a free upgrade, and they are waving the rental fee.

All you have to do to get a square deal is threaten to go somewhere else...
                          I sooo wish that worked here. In Germany they still think they're doing you a favour by giving you phone and internet. Like there aren't 10 other companies offering the same service.

Telekom, the biggest company and one that has sort of a monopoly because they control the lines, recently announced that they will no longer offer flat rate service to new contracts. I have a contract with them, which I want to switch. They claim I'm locked into it until January, even though I took it out over 2 years ago (contracts are normally 2 years here, and at any rate, you're supposed to be able to quit them if you give 3 months notice). Such crap. They just don't want their customers to change their plans before their flat rate plans end. I don't even want to QUIT using their service...I just want a different contract, FROM THEM, because we dont' really watch TV anymore and paying for it is a waste of money for us. But if I can't quit before the flat rate ends, I might as well keep paying 70 Euros a month for bundled cable, internet, and phone, because I work from home over the internet, and I'm online ALL DAY. Having a data limit will cost me at least that anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                            I did this on Beltane! Okay, so outside altar, SUPER windy and raining, and kept blowing out my candles. Well, there's a decrepit tree house on my property, and you see where this is going yet? I put the altar in the treehouse, went inside for the night (so the candles could keep burning and not sputter out).

Woke up in the morning to a burn mark on the floor of the treehouse, because one candles decided to fall over in the wind. All's good, but whoops!
                            I guess we both have a proclivity for ignoring fire safety guidelines. :P
                            -Erik Erikson

Comment

Originally posted by Clive View Post
                              I guess we both have a proclivity for ignoring fire safety guidelines. :P
                              That's why they're guidelines. They're practically ASKING to be ignored!

Mostly art.

Comment

My shirt was about an inch too short to reach the top of my jeans. I now have a sunburn belt :|
                                My Tumblr
                                My Webcomic
                                My Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X