THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Hey weather, could you stop making it hot in my room in the evening so that I sleep nude with no covers and then getting cold in the middle of the night so I wake up freezing? Thanks.
    Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
    -Erik Erikson

Comment

Originally posted by Clive View Post
      Hey weather, could you stop making it hot in my room in the evening so that I sleep nude with no covers and then getting cold in the middle of the night so I wake up freezing? Thanks.
      Ice pack under the pillow, that's how I solved that exact dilemma. Cool to start off, but normalizes to room temperature before too long.
      Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
        Ice pack under the pillow, that's how I solved that exact dilemma. Cool to start off, but normalizes to room temperature before too long.
        I will try that, thank you.
        Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
        -Erik Erikson

Comment

It's going to take another $500 to get my front end fixed up, AFTER the $500 I already dropped on the brakes and calipers and hoses. But I already exhausted the paycheck that I cashed on Saturday what with groceries and gas, so it's gonna have to wait two more weeks.

Meh.
          No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

UNIVERSE.....Why must You hate Me so?!

Comment

Another night of "too hot with blankets on, too cold with them off," along with a rendition of "let's not be able to take our mind off of a billion things" and "the friend you're staying with grinds his teeth in his sleep." Roll 'em all together and you get a night of me not sleeping well.
              -Erik Erikson

Comment

Why do I feel the need to overexplain everything in my essays? It gives me great grades in development, language and such but it's more work than I need to do. maybe Ill just skeletonize the rest of the essay so i can finally go to bed
                They moaned and squealed, and pressed their snouts to the earth. We are sorry, we are sorry.
                Sorry you were caught, I said. Sorry that you thought I was weak, but you were wrong.
                -Madeline Miller, Circe

Comment

OMFG!

People using one person's pain to invalidate another person's pain... SO F**ING INSENSITIVE!

"Well, it could be worse. Your child might have a leg brace, but look at little Johnny over there with no leg at all!"

What the f**k is WRONG with you?!?! OMG! Really? Really?! REALLY??

First off, no one's pain is invalid. Secondly, you really think it helps anything to hear your suffering being used in an attempt to invalidate someone else's pain??

The worst part is that they really don't get it! Your child's leg brace really looks like NO BIG DEAL to me now that I saw the kid with no leg. So it should be NO BIG DEAL to you, too!

ARG!

The part that makes it so much worse is that freaking "normal" people (neuro-typicals, loll) think that we autistics are unfeeling monsters. But I would NEVER say s**t like that. NEVER. I wouldn't say it to either of them! I wouldn't invalidate one person's pain and I would never exploit another person's pain to do it! But *I* am the unfeeling one? REALLY?

OMG, I am just steaming mad.

Sorry all, I came here instead of venting my fury there. It was all I could do not to type up a page-long essay on just how UGLY and INSENSITIVE what they were doing is.

Comment

oh gods be with me...give me patience through these horrible horrible terrible 2 times!!!!!!!! *face plants onto keyboard*

Comment

its my daughter's father's bday today. surprised he lived this long after leavin us, i wouldve thought hed starve to death or hed inhale a weird mold spore (hes too lazy to do anythin, includin cookin and makin sure his clothes are dry all the way in the dryer). tempted to text him and say i want my cupcakes and ps3 back that i got him last yr for his bday

Comment

You know you're looking for an obscure band when even Wikipedia doesn't have anything

*edit: because they only made one song. OKAY THEN
                        /first world problems
                        Last edited by Corvus; 06 Jun 2013, 15:45.
                        They moaned and squealed, and pressed their snouts to the earth. We are sorry, we are sorry.
                        Sorry you were caught, I said. Sorry that you thought I was weak, but you were wrong.
                        -Madeline Miller, Circe

Comment

I'm trying to quit arguing on the internet with idiot commenters on news pieces....so I'm putting my response here, to the steaming pile of crap posted by "FM"

1) Male on male rape has been happening since "the good old days", I have seen MST (military sexual trauma) victims that are WWII vets.
                          2) The perpetrators of male on male rape are almost always straight
                          3) that would be because RAPE IS NOT ABOUT SEX, RAPE IS ABOUT POWER...and we Americans live in a society that glorifies and rewards power at the expense of the powerless
                          4) Rape is not a means of "stress relief" because "the boys" are in a "emotionally loaded" situation---ya'll Connies don't have a very high opinion of men, its sort of sad
                          5) Rape happens because the RAPIST is a freaking predator at worst, or an idiot that doesn't have basic listening skills or common sense at best, but either way, we don't need those wackos in the military jacking up good discipline and unit cohesion...not to mention, causing problems everywhere they get sent
                          6) This article you are referring to isn't an "issue" that needs to be "rebutted", its puerile nonsense that doesn't deserves the time it took to read it, written by a person that obviously doesn't know the first thing about sexual assault...and I'm doubtful that he knows what its like to be in the military
                          7) Sexual assault REPORTING went up by men is because removing DADT allowed men to report rape without the fear of being branded a homosexual and getting kicked out of the military--I was a sexual assault victim advocate in the military, I have this straight from the horse's mouth
                          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                          sigpic

Comment

So, my mattress is pretty terrible. Springs coming out of it like crazy. That's not the worst part... I just noticed today that underneath my mattress is another mattress that doesn't have springs coming out of it.

I have no idea how I did not notice this before now. I slept on this bed for like a year without noticing that it has two mattresses, several months of which complaining about how terrible my mattress is.

I feel like such an idiot. ugh.
                            Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

He was supposed to ask me how I felt about something and didn't so now I have to bring it up and it's so uncomfortable that I don't want to talk about it. @#*$&(*Q@

Comment

WELL.....today is starting out just effing awesome lol NOOOOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
                                story.of.my.f**king.life -.-

Comment

Working...
                                X