Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
    Small town cops can't get away with being jerks for long though, because word travels fast and everybody knows your name. A bad reputation will ruin your career in a small town, I've seen it happen.

In a city there's more of a sense of anonymity, and that has a way of bringing the worst out in people.
    eeeeeexactly > lol
    Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
    Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
    sigpic

Comment

Not to sound like a rebellious teen, but...

A.C.A.B until proven otherwise. (At least over here)
      [4:82]

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
        Never had too many dealings with police in my adult life - a couple of speeding tickets, and a couple of instances where they answered a question or asked me if I needed help. I'm very unobtrusive.
        Recently, we've gotten pulled over for having windows that were tinted 'too dark' (in two different vehicles), a dirty license plate, suspicion of not wearing a seatbelt (how could you tell, officer - you said our window tint was too dark?)... A friend of mine once got pulled over for having a bobble-head hanging from his rearview... We don't drive gangsta cars with fancy spinning hubcaps or anything, we're not trolling hookers in Northtown, we can't speed because our little Neon starts vibrating if it hits 60mph. And it's not just me & my husband - I'm hearing more & more people complaining about getting pulled over for the most petty stuff over the past couple of years.

My personal belief is that they're trying to make money since the city, county and state have been in a budget crisis. We've got traffic cameras everywhere - they should just start mailing people traffic tickets instead of making people deal with the puffed-up police officers. But they probably need to justify their budgets for LEOs, too.
        The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
          Recently, we've gotten pulled over for having windows that were tinted 'too dark' (in two different vehicles), a dirty license plate, suspicion of not wearing a seatbelt (how could you tell, officer - you said our window tint was too dark?)... A friend of mine once got pulled over for having a bobble-head hanging from his rearview... We don't drive gangsta cars with fancy spinning hubcaps or anything, we're not trolling hookers in Northtown, we can't speed because our little Neon starts vibrating if it hits 60mph. And it's not just me & my husband - I'm hearing more & more people complaining about getting pulled over for the most petty stuff over the past couple of years.

My personal belief is that they're trying to make money since the city, county and state have been in a budget crisis. We've got traffic cameras everywhere - they should just start mailing people traffic tickets instead of making people deal with the puffed-up police officers. But they probably need to justify their budgets for LEOs, too.
          well, legally depending on the state-how dark your windows are tinted can be below the legal limit. I know my grandma had that problem once
          Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
          Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
          sigpic

Comment

I waited in line at 5am till 8am. Only to be told the doctor that sees 'new patients' is not in today. I'm not a new patient. I use that clinic often. But my main doctor is in my city. Because they demand it be so. Now they demand my doc to be there, but he's not. So now I have to try to go again tomorrow (gonna wake up at 4am in the dang morning) so I can stand in line and be first or third, like I was today. Hopefully they will see me.
            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

It is not "uppity" or "fancy" to want natural materials in one's home. Mankind has been building with stone, wood, clay, etc., SINCE THE DAWN OF TIME. Plastic laminate, formica, etc. is RECENT. Same for organic food. Hello - that's what food is. Not hydrolyzed textured extruded artificial genetically modified irradiated powdered plasticized cancerous junk.
              sigpic
              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

It is not "uppity" or "fancy" to want natural materials in one's home. Mankind has been building with stone, wood, clay, etc., SINCE THE DAWN OF TIME. Plastic laminate, formica, etc. is RECENT. Same for organic food. Hello - that's what food is. Not hydrolyzed textured extruded artificial genetically modified irradiated powdered plasticized cancerous junk.
                Seconded. Recently I've seriously considered learning to make some of my own household objects because the "natural' items to be bought are so pricy.

Comment

My heart is sick.
                  This is why I can't run and probably why I can't love properly.
                  I actually have a broken heart.
                  Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

My mom was talking with this lady at the cook out about how the new leader of her national social group (the elks) is going to be a woman and the host's fiance looks right at them and says "that is wrong". He doesn't think women should have positions of power and kept saying that is wrong every time they tried to convince him women can do any job men can
                    They moaned and squealed, and pressed their snouts to the earth. We are sorry, we are sorry.
                    Sorry you were caught, I said. Sorry that you thought I was weak, but you were wrong.
                    -Madeline Miller, Circe

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                      My heart is sick.
                      This is why I can't run and probably why I can't love properly.
                      I actually have a broken heart.
                      I have a heart murmur. (I know exactly what it's murmering about Lol) but it doesn't cause any problems. Hope whatever's up with yours doesn't, either.
                      sigpic

Comment

Re: Gas and oil commercial

Have I ranted about not having my car back? It's been in the shop for over a month. Over $10k in damage repairs. Brand new car... I've only made two payments on it and both of them were when the car was out of my personal possession. What the actual fuck! Thank gods I don't have to pay a dime for the repairs or the rental but come on!!! I want MY car back!
                        �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                        ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                        Sneak Attack
                        Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

YES! Why is this stuff so bloody expensive though?
                          http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                          ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
                            YES! Why is this stuff so bloody expensive though?
                            Greed and a closed eye to future consequences, I guess....Partially because good hardwood has been decimated and takes time to grow - and it's cheaper and easier to make things out of plastic than to mine/cut/smooth stone. Craftsmanship has all but disappeared, what with cheap outsourcing, etc. You get more veggies per farm if heavy pesticides are used. More weight per farm animal & a shorter time to market if they eat steroids.
                            sigpic

Comment

From someone that grew up where everything was made from wood I can understand why you want real wood things. Plastic and other synthetic stuff has no soul in some ways. I do miss the feel and presence that real wood has.
                              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                                From someone that grew up where everything was made from wood I can understand why you want real wood things. Plastic and other synthetic stuff has no soul in some ways. I do miss the feel and presence that real wood has.
                                Yes! There's no life in it. And we find out more & more how unhealthy it is. Vinyl shower curtains, for example, release phthalates and other toxins.

Annnnndddd....my new rant for the day is I have to attend a baby shower later, which means I have to record all the big races of the day and not look at any email etc. until after I get home and watch them! (So I won't know how they turn out before I see them.) First world problems, I know. LOL
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X