THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

I'm in a SOUR mood today. EVERYTHING is just pissing me off. I haven't been in the best of spirits for about a week for no apparent reason, but today just takes the bloody cake.

Now I'm nauseous after falling asleep after dinner, and I hit my head REALLY hard on the corner of the shelf. I'm tough as nails but I actually cried it hurt so bad. Now I just want to murder something. I wish I had something to break.

Comment

It's been 3 years. Time heals all wounds and obviously wounds all heels, so I guess it's all good. Karma had a bloody field day with you from what I hear. Oh well.
      sigpic
      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Why are you yelling at me for not answering the phone to telesales, when all you do is yell down the phone at them? My way is a much kinder way of rejecting them. LEARN SOME MANNERS PLEASE.
        "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
        - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

Great, since my brother decided to break a rule I'm probably going to lose internet tomorrow. Thanks a lot, bro!
          my etsy store
          My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
          surrounded by plush, downy things,
          ill prepared, but willing,
          to descend."

Comment

I'm a stupid bitch...
            "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

Thank you "friends" for being there and dropping me at your convenience. Dear Universe my name might as well be changed to 7/11. Here at your convenience!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LiadanWillows View Post
                Thank you "friends" for being there and dropping me at your convenience. Dear Universe my name might as well be changed to 7/11. Here at your convenience!
                *hugs* I've had friends like that. I hope you will find real friends soon.
                my etsy store
                My blog

to descend."

Comment

Thanks. Part of this is my fault, I have this idealistic view that no one is truly a bad person and all people have a desire to be good... so that makes me kind of vulnerable to a-holes. It has been said to me many times over that if you have had one or two REALLY true friends through life you are blessed. I guess my boyfriend would be that one true friend and I should consider myself lucky.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LiadanWillows View Post
                    Thanks. Part of this is my fault, I have this idealistic view that no one is truly a bad person and all people have a desire to be good... so that makes me kind of vulnerable to a-holes. It has been said to me many times over that if you have had one or two REALLY true friends through life you are blessed. I guess my boyfriend would be that one true friend and I should consider myself lucky.
                    I too have this trait. I've found, though, this attracts lots of negative people and you have to evaluate how you consider them a friend.

My rant: I'm flipping exhausted. My week has really sucked with little reprieve and I feel like my last nerve has completely frayed. More than anything I just want a hug.
                    my etsy store
                    My blog

to descend."

Comment

Last night, my 42 pound four year old begged to be picked up, and so I did, and swung her around, dipped her, etc, etc...then I needed to put her down, and instead of letting go of me, she kept her fingers locked around my neck, and went limp right as I let go of her. Back was feeling "off" last night, this morning, the upper left side has been agony. I can't seem to twist, reach, or bend without it just killing me.

Oh, also woke up with a headache, sore throat, cough, runny nose, and watery eyes.

Someone please take me out behind the barn and shoot me....
                      Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Originally posted by DeseretRose View Post
                        Last night, my 42 pound four year old begged to be picked up, and so I did, and swung her around, dipped her, etc, etc...then I needed to put her down, and instead of letting go of me, she kept her fingers locked around my neck, and went limp right as I let go of her. Back was feeling "off" last night, this morning, the upper left side has been agony. I can't seem to twist, reach, or bend without it just killing me.

Oh, also woke up with a headache, sore throat, cough, runny nose, and watery eyes.

Someone please take me out behind the barn and shoot me....
                        Take a dishtowel, wet it, put it into a gallon-size ziploc baggy, microwave (with the bag unsealed) for a minute. wrap it in a larger towel = instant, moist heat! Reheatable. If you have time, a long soak in a hot (as you can stand) bubblebath, instead.

Ibuprofen: take 4 200mg caplets, instead of tylenol.

And RELAX!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

What kind of Twat are you?

I know you are my Boss, you set up 3 people to be in for the weekend and all 3 are testing on the Local Virtual Machines server, so what do you do, in your inexplicable wisdom? You come in, kick us all off the server, shut it down (which takes an hour because of the 47 updates needing to be processed) you fit some Ram to it and then, magically, can't get the damned thing back up again.... Then you fuck off home, leaving all of us in teh shit, with no way of completing our testing!

Thanks!

M
                          In the end, only you know if you were right or wrong, so tolerate others beliefs, no matter how wrong, they may be right...

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
                            Take a dishtowel, wet it, put it into a gallon-size ziploc baggy, microwave (with the bag unsealed) for a minute. wrap it in a larger towel = instant, moist heat! Reheatable. If you have time, a long soak in a hot (as you can stand) bubblebath, instead.

And RELAX!
                            Agreed ^ sorry you are not feeling well Deseret. I will light a candle for you tonight and send healing energy your way. Keep us updated.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post

And RELAX!
                              Thanks for that, Chain (and for the candle Liadan!!!). I'm back to 100% today, it seems...took a little while, but not even a twinge when I woke up this morning
                              Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Ok, this one has been sitting in my brain for a while so I'm just going to turn it loose.

Just because your statement in an argument has a negative word in it DOES NOT mean you are asked to refute a negative when asked for proof. Refuting a negative falls under the appeal to ignorance fallacy. When you say stuff like "cyanobacteria cannot live outside of water" you must show evidence for this. Now if you were arguing something like "cyanobacteria do not possess circadian rhythms because it's only observed in eukaryotes", THAT would be refuting a negative. It annoys me to no end how many people think a negative statement means supporting it is refuting a negative.
                                my etsy store
                                My blog

to descend."

Comment

Working...
                                X