Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

WARNING: PETTY RANT ABOUT ANIME

Dangit, I wanted Haruka and Kantaro to kiss! Everyone and their dog can see they're totally into each other that way. Blargh!
    my etsy store
    My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
    surrounded by plush, downy things,
    ill prepared, but willing,
    to descend."

Comment

You know what really grinds my gears? Participating in a rational (if slightly charged) thread, wherein several mods are themselves actively participating, only to have another mod come in and start bitching with their mod-hat on.
      "The proper office of a friend is to side with you when you are in the wrong. Nearly anybody will side with you when you are in the right."--Mark Twain

"There are only two types of people in this world who walk around beardless; boys and women. I am neither one." --Ancient Greek saying

Comment

Originally posted by Crimson Horizons View Post
        You know what really grinds my gears? Participating in a rational (if slightly charged) thread, wherein several mods are themselves actively participating, only to have another mod come in and start bitching with their mod-hat on.

That made me stop and think, "what'd I do now??" Does it say something about me that I either like the controversial and heated discussions too much or that I know too little about what I'm jumping into? No in-between, there. Open mouth; insert foot.

Heh. Sorry.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

To the resident beaver:
          You have several acres of undisturbed wooded land on the other side of the creek so stop coming over to our side and eating my baby trees! I did not plant them to be beaver snacks! And if you even THINK about going after my fruit orchard before I get the tree guards up, I'm going to be upset. *shakes fist at the obnoxious rodent*
          "Gardens are not made by singing "Oh, how beautiful," and sitting in the shade." - Rudyard Kipling

Mathbatu: A Canaanite Polytheist's Blog
          Sparrow Wings: A Personal Blog

Comment

This cough I have... Needs to go away. I'm tired of it. My ribs hurt and my head feels like a water-balloon ready to asplode every time I cough.
            �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
            ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
            Sneak Attack
            Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
              That made me stop and think, "what'd I do now??" Does it say something about me that I either like the controversial and heated discussions too much or that I know too little about what I'm jumping into? No in-between, there. Open mouth; insert foot.

Heh. Sorry.
              It was me. I went in with Mod hat to cool a certain thread, that YES other mods were participating in, but was getting a bit too heated.
              "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

Originally posted by FantasyWitch View Post
                It was me. I went in with Mod hat to cool a certain thread, that YES other mods were participating in, but was getting a bit too heated.

No, Love.

But I'll let CH speak for himself. I certainly wouldn't presume to speak his mind.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Opps, was I being silly? X
                  "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

Comment

Silly? That's not the word I would have chosen. Presumptuous... hasty, paranoid even. But not silly. I was the one being silly, which was why the "heh. sorry" comment - making light of someone's rant is really unbecoming and disrespectful. Particularly someone I give as much respect to, as Crimson.

Don't worry about it, FW. If CH wants to tell you how silly you were, thinking that he was critiquing your modhattery, that's up to him.

If, on the other hand, you want to try and avoid any confusion, in the future, should such an occasion ever arise, once more? Be sure of what you're reading, be sure of what you're writing and don't be too quick to judge someone's intent. Follow those three steps and rest assured, you'll earn a ton of respect from those that give it on an earned basis.

Disclaimer: As usual, I may just be talking out of my ass. It's up to the reader to decide whether I'm full of shit or not.

Comment

I like the small print use for the disclaimer.

That said, there's a secondary benefit to Chain's advice. Those three steps cut down on the number of apologies you end up making. Stepping in ahead of the aforementioned steps increases the odds of error and therefore the eating of crow when called on errors. Always better to be sure of your footing before you do things that will irritate people.
                      Life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper Raven View Post
                        This cough I have... Needs to go away. I'm tired of it. My ribs hurt and my head feels like a water-balloon ready to asplode every time I cough.
                        If you are not completely against drinking I have a pretty good short term cold/congestion cure. Hot tea, honey, lemon, and half a shot of whiskey... (more if you like). It clears the sinuses and can make you feel pretty darn good (for a few hours at least).
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm trying to learn more about heathen beliefs, which has led to interaction with a reconstructionist-heavy forum.

Why?

/me bangs her head against the wall until the feeling goes away
                          Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

My dog rolled in something disgusting. She stinks to high heaven and I can't even get near her without feeling like gagging.
                            �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                            ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                            Sneak Attack
                            Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

My appetite has gone all funny again! Not impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by FantasyWitch View Post
                                Opps, was I being silly? X
                                Silly indeed, FW. As I told Chain, my rant wasn't actually directed at anyone here. Although, looking through the thread in question, I can easily see why you would think that (I jest, I jest).
                                "The proper office of a friend is to side with you when you are in the wrong. Nearly anybody will side with you when you are in the right."--Mark Twain

"There are only two types of people in this world who walk around beardless; boys and women. I am neither one." --Ancient Greek saying

Comment

Working...
                                X