Facebook Activism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Facebook Activism

Facebook Cartoon Profile Picture Week is a social networking trend which involves updating one’s Facebook profile picture with an image of his/her favorite

Know Your Meme is researching the spread.
    Be Excellent to each other - or something will Happen to you.

Comment

So somehow my changing of my pic can cause the spread of pedophilia?
      Because I've changed my pic a few times already. Poor kids. Look at what I am doing to them?

*change pic
      *change pic
      *change pic
      *change pic
      *change pic
      *change pic
      *change pic
      *change pic

* I don't exactly like them anyways. :P
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I don't think it does much. I mean, here we are talking about it, but I know for one that my picture is just a self-serving icon so that people will look at it and say, "Hey, she liked X-Men as a kid." Its another you-oh-so-unique-if-you-have-an-obscure-cartoon contest. I can say with 100% honesty that I'm not really doing it for the children.

What did I do for the children? Wrote a letter to my state legislators about changing the laws regarding incest, as well as the classification of the crime. Did that a while ago. Maybe I ought to write another one...

Anyway, back on topic: I think that most of it is self-serving for the lazy masses. By Liking causes you're automatically some sort of activist? Yeah right. Activists are ACTIVE. Not clicky.

To me, its neither something to praise or get upset over. If people don't already know that FB is a fucking joke then they're deranged.
        No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

[quote author=Medusa link=topic=1091.msg20155#msg20155 date=1291620021]
          But it's made the rounds of news stations everywhere. And that's causing awareness. As for a cartoon being a trigger? Those poeple need to grow a pair. Unless of coursed they were indeed raped by Papa Smurf or something.

People change their pic for whatever reason they want.
          Being this upset about it, is like being upset I get presents and Santa doesn't visit Dumuzi because Santa hates Muslims. Tough shit. [/quote]

I have to agree with you. Whether it does anything to help against abuse or not, for the people changing their FB icon to something cool from their childhood it's a bit of fun. It doesn't hurt anyone.

I'm sorry for anyone who has suffered abuse but this isn't hurting them and it sure as hell should not be bringing up any more bad memories than life does anyway.

Comment

Working...
          X