The good,the Bad,and possibly the ugly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The good,the Bad,and possibly the ugly

Ok,the theme here is simple(well perhaps not that simple) You are the ultimate power,and can make ANYTHING happen. The question here is this: You create something that seems very good for mankind(unlimited power source?) But what are the possible negative effects that may also be created by this action. So,first someone inputs their positive change(unlimited power remember) and then everyone else chimes in with their take on how this change might create a negative impact.

A simple little mind game,to make your brain over heat in trying to see all the possible outcomes.

Begin....
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Re: The good,the Bad,and possibly the ugly

You wipe out cancer.

(P.S. I can even come with the bad side effects if there aren't any takers.)
    Warning: The above post may contain traces of sarcasm.

An apostrophe is the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

"Why is every object we don't understand always called a thing?" (McCoy. Star Trek: The Moive Picture)

Comment

im going to be a little horrible here but, unsustainable population increase,

btw moon you have PM

Comment

Don't know if it is permissible to add to your own but, oh well.

Complete stop of evolution.

Yeah Kahlenda, I've seen. Will answer in a mo. As soon as I have stopped messing around in the forum that is.
        Warning: The above post may contain traces of sarcasm.

An apostrophe is the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

"Why is every object we don't understand always called a thing?" (McCoy. Star Trek: The Moive Picture)

Comment

Originally posted by MoonRaven View Post
          Complete stop of evolution.
          Loss of genetic viability.

Slower aging.
          http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
          ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Here is my bad effect:A SERIOUS mutation that hits 1 out of 100 people that have the treatment. So even though it is a cure for some,it is a curse for that unlucky person that is the 1 out of 100.
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Hmm, effective tommorrow, pizza cures any chronic or terminal illness afflicting whoever eats it.
              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                Hmm, effective tommorrow, pizza cures any chronic or terminal illness afflicting whoever eats it.
                Only those in countries privileged enough to have easy access to pizza are cured. The most desperately ill in less developed countries are left to die.

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
                  Slower aging.
                  A continued loss of jobs for younger people as people are in the work force longer, accompanied by a continued elevation of medical costs due to higher numbers of people afflicted by chronic and 'old age' diseases for longer stretches of time (Alzheimers, Parkinsons, dementia, heart failure, diabetes, cancer, etc.)
                  The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                    The medical industry takes a serious hit and millions are left jobless

People no longer do bad things and everyone is kind to one another.
                    Circe

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
                      People no longer do bad things and everyone is kind to one another.
                      Filled with the elation of a new sense of community and solidarity, the human species smokes it up and sings Kumbaya all the way to extinction. Unwilling to compromise and do "bad things" in order to survive, slowly but surely, nature takes its toll on the species.

- - - Updated - - -

Having discovered the secret to all power, I then turn around, breathe life into the universe, and provide an extremely difficult pathway to reach the same for those who might seek it, seeding bits of knowledge throughout the universe readily available to all who might look closely enough - and setting an intelligent course tailoring itself to each person and providing them with various tests, deadly risks and trials to go through along the way. Should someone get a glint of desire for true divinity (ultimate power, etc.) in their eyes, and their hearts send out that desire to the universe which is now encoded to answer the call - the journey will automatically begin. If they survive and learn what it takes to have all power and use it properly, they will reach godhood as well and join me. Should they fail any of the tests along the way, they will fall into oblivion and die a terrible and/or depressing death knowing they have failed and more importantly, knowing why. They may try again upon reincarnation, indefinitely, but no matter what they must first climb the proverbial Mount Olympus in order to reach divinity.

TL;DR - Upon reaching full power I provide access to others who may seek it, but above all else, require that they first become strong and mature enough to be worthy of it and able to use it properly. Then kick back and relax in Nirvana for a while.

Comment

Working...
                      X