It's very cold!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's very cold!

You can tell by my posting that I've got the day off - Frozen Hell Day.

I just had to go out and buy gas, and lemme tell ya, this is not the day you wanna pick to go skinny dippin'.
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Re: It's very cold!

Same here B. De....seems fitting for this forum...colder than a witchs t**..ah the wonderful languages and the quint sayings..
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
      Same here B. De....seems fitting for this forum...colder than a witchs t**..ah the wonderful languages and the quint sayings..
      I have some experience in that area, and it's colder than that!

A witches t** averages 65.4 degrees F.

The wind chill is putting the air at about 200 below zero.
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Do tell!? I've been home from work the past three days recovering from a flooded house because of two burst pipes. I had 2" of water in my kitchen, not to mention my carpets being soaked. Had a plumber, water extraction company, the water company (emergency street shutoff), and gas company (check and re-light my water heater), and a hole in one bathroom wall. The damage so far is not enough to meet my insurance deductible. My driveway is a sheet of ice from the flooding water that froze once the supply was turned off. On top of that I had to shovel 4" of snow the other day. I now have every faucet in the house with a steady drip. This is the longest cold stretch we've seen in years. Every service company I spoke to had response backlogs of 4, 6, 8 hours. I'm actually experiencing mini-ptsd. Every noise or toilet flush I hear makes me jump and my heart start pounding.

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	352772Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	106.2 KB
ID:	352773
        śivāya vishnu rūpaya śivaḥ rūpaya vishnave
        śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Comment

^^^ How awful!!!!

It's hovering around 0 here in the Ozarks too. I haven't been out since Sunday due to the ice/snow. It's supposed to warm up on Saturday and rain so I'm hoping to get out then.
          sigpic
          Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorbjorn View Post
            Do tell!? I've been home from work the past three days recovering from a flooded house because of two burst pipes. I had 2" of water in my kitchen, not to mention my carpets being soaked. Had a plumber, water extraction company, the water company (emergency street shutoff), and gas company (check and re-light my water heater), and a hole in one bathroom wall. The damage so far is not enough to meet my insurance deductible. My driveway is a sheet of ice from the flooding water that froze once the supply was turned off. On top of that I had to shovel 4" of snow the other day. I now have every faucet in the house with a steady drip. This is the longest cold stretch we've seen in years. Every service company I spoke to had response backlogs of 4, 6, 8 hours. I'm actually experiencing mini-ptsd. Every noise or toilet flush I hear makes me jump and my heart start pounding.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3834[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3835[/ATTACH]
            That stinks! But thanks for reminding me to turn on the drip.

We haven't had frozen pipes, but the tube running from the toilet to the septic tank tends to freeze, leaving us toiletless until a good thaw. Hasn't happened yet this year (superstitiously crossing fingers).

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
              That stinks! But thanks for reminding me to turn on the drip.

We haven't had frozen pipes, but the tube running from the toilet to the septic tank tends to freeze, leaving us toiletless until a good thaw. Hasn't happened yet this year (superstitiously crossing fingers).
              Uh... that is a bad sign. My kitchen faucet was doing the same thing. It was freezing, and I had no water in the kitchen. It was a sign that there was frozen water in the pipes. If I had let the water drip after the first time it began working again, my disaster may not have happened. The man from the water company told me that under normal conditions water flows at about 40 psi. If pipes are frozen it can skyrocket to well over 100 psi. Let hot water run for a while out of all your taps and see if that helps thaw that line, if it happens. In any case keep them dripping lukewarm. Moving water will not freeze, and the warm water will help.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorbjorn View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3834[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3835[/ATTACH]

Frozen pipes suck for sure. Definitely have spent my fair share of time crawling under houses and such thawing frozen pipes or cutting out and replacing ruptured ones. Have to admit though I'm surprised to see you holding a copper pipe haven't seen those in years. Says its an older house for sure. Think nearly everything from the 70's onward has used a PVC type pipe or something similar for indoor pluming.
                I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

So...you northerly types will laugh...but its gonna be below zero here tomorrow with wind chill.

I want to cry.
                  Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                  sigpic

Comment

yeh,copper pipes are expensive...and people will cut into your wall to steal them these days..

- - - Updated - - -

Cold is cold,and even colder if you are not used to it..first year in Albany in winter,I felt like I was gonna die..(Had California blood then)
                    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                      So...you northerly types will laugh...but its gonna be below zero here tomorrow with wind chill.

I want to cry.
                      Awww that sucks Thal. It being that cold is nothing to be happy about even when you're used to it. I'm back in Ohio again and wishing I hadn't had to move back here and dealing with this winter crap again so I feel your pain
                      Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
                      Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
                        Frozen pipes suck for sure. Definitely have spent my fair share of time crawling under houses and such thawing frozen pipes or cutting out and replacing ruptured ones. Have to admit though I'm surprised to see you holding a copper pipe haven't seen those in years. Says its an older house for sure. Think nearly everything from the 70's onward has used a PVC type pipe or something similar for indoor pluming.
                        I also wondered why there is copper pipe until I realized the houses in my area are about 30 years old. I'm there 12 years this summer, and back in 2003 they were already a good 14-16 years old. Not to mention that everything in them is cheap and is a booby trap. On every street at least one house is virtually rebuilt by the owners. They're starter or ender houses. We had a nice 3 bedroom apartment, but put all our stuff in storage to move in to take care of my late mother-in-law and father-in-law, who were both ill and disabled. When they died, we became saddled with the house instead of selling it (long story about a family feud). My desire is to sell it and get the hell out of that money pit.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                        yeh,copper pipes are expensive...and people will cut into your wall to steal them these days..

- - - Updated - - -

Cold is cold,and even colder if you are not used to it..first year in Albany in winter,I felt like I was gonna die..(Had California blood then)
                        I'm ready for the Sahara or Australia, scorpions, sidewinders and saltwater crocodiles be damned.

Comment

I actually looked at real estate listings in the San Diego, CA area.
                          sigpic
                          Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

-18 here with the windchill. And of course it's bright and sunny, to lure you into walking outside so you can immediately freeze to death and shatter.
                            Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Originally posted by habbalah View Post
                              -18 here with the windchill.

Comment

Working...
                              X