Pagan Mentorship?? So Isolated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pagan Mentorship?? So Isolated

Hey I'm new and would appreciate any advise i can get on the pagan ways. I think im actually coming to realise that we get our strength from nature and unknown that I would love to know more and understand. I have considered myself Christian and lived Christian ways but still feel incomplete. If there is anybody out there looking for a new SERIOUS student id love to hear from you.
    I need help and guidance on the spiritual path i have found myswlf on and yearning for more. Please Please where do i start???

Re: Pagan Mentorship?? So Isolated

As I mentioned in your other post, what kinds of things interest you the most about Paganism? What things confuse you or encourage you to delve deeper?

Comment

A lot of us are isolated, but don't think that will end just because you find other pagans. The truth is that even when we get together, it can still be very challenging to find a true mentor or community. So by all means, seek out company, but make sure it's the right one for you. What are you looking for exactly?
      If you want to be thought intelligent, just agree with everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Yazichestvo View Post
        A lot of us are isolated, but don't think that will end just because you find other pagans. The truth is that even when we get together, it can still be very challenging to find a true mentor or community. So by all means, seek out company, but make sure it's the right one for you. What are you looking for exactly?
        This can be very true. Companionship is one thing, a committed mentor is another. It is just as much work, if not more, for someone to mentor you as it is to be taught. They have to strategize, you just have to learn. And not many folks will take on that role. Finding someone who is interested, capable, and a good match? It can be really hard.
        We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
        It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
        Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
        -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

The best path in Paganism is not following any others teachings but focusing on yourself deep inside. That's my opinion. You will eventually leave the isolation. Find your interests. Do your own rituals. Do your own thing. Know thyself. Be thyself. You can do it brotha!

- - - Updated - - -

sent you a pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
            This can be very true. Companionship is one thing, a committed mentor is another. It is just as much work, if not more, for someone to mentor you as it is to be taught. They have to strategize, you just have to learn. And not many folks will take on that role. Finding someone who is interested, capable, and a good match? It can be really hard.
            I've done that in the past (the mentoring thing) and its a ton of work.

Trixy, are you in FL? I ask because I seem to recall one of the new members is, and if that is the case, I have some knowledge of the Jacksonville area Pagan scene and I know people with knowledge of other areas of the state.
            Last edited by thalassa; 03 Jan 2019, 13:57.
            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X