Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it a good idea to invoke Saint Michael?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it a good idea to invoke Saint Michael?

I turned my life back to Jesus, and I don't believe in the Bible as the word of God, so I don't see any problem with using witchcraft. However, I mainly want to invoke Saint Michael so I can find out whether or not the Bible is accurate, what God's name is, and if demons are really against God (I think not, demon was taken from daemon which has another meaning entirely, but you never know) and if it's possible for any of them to be saved (I read there are demons that want to go back, and some deliverance minister believes they are capable of being saved due to one experience with one he had to exorcise often, although it turns out the guy was a fraud and never successfully exorcised any (they would pretend to be, then gloat while the client was driving home).

The main red flag in this line of thinking is would Saint Michael (or more importantly, Jesus or God) approve of me talking to angels this way? I know there are many Christian witches, but I have never read of any personal experiences with invoking angels, I've only seen videos on how to invoke them. I've tried praying to Jesus for guidance for something else before, but I can never seem to hear or see him so figured invoking could help.
    What one believes in is infinitely more important than WHO they believe in.

Re: Is it a good idea to invoke Saint Michael?

In this instance, how are you meaning the term "invoke"? I see it used often, and usually incorrectly...and I think most advice in this matter will depend upon that.
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

Heres the deal J. If what you were looking for could be found here then the world would have found the answers long ago. There are millions of people trying to find out those things, some of the smartest minds on earth in fact. If we had that info sitting around here at PF I'm pretty sure it'd be out.
      White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
      sigpic
      In Days of yore,
      From Britain's shore
      Wolfe the dauntless hero came
      And planted firm Britannia's flag
      On Canada's fair domain.
      Here may it wave,
      Our boast, our pride
      And joined in love together,
      The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
      The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Millions of people who consider themselves Christian, Catholic or some variant thereof, pray to saints & angels every day. If God was bothered by it, there would probably be a lot less people on the planet.
        The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

What I mean by invoking is doing a ritual where I invite Saint Michael to appear in an invocation circle. Although now that I think of it, if he wants to be visible, then he could very well make himself visible without any effort on the part of the one who calls on him needed.
          What one believes in is infinitely more important than WHO they believe in.

Comment

You're describing evocation not invocation.
            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by jcaternolo View Post
              What I mean by invoking is doing a ritual where I invite Saint Michael to appear in an invocation circle. Although now that I think of it, if he wants to be visible, then he could very well make himself visible without any effort on the part of the one who calls on him needed.
              Truthfully have never heard of any of the arch-angels being summoned in any sort of circle. However as Maskedone says what your describing is evocation vice invocation. I always remember it as In = inside or internal and En = outside of you yet enclosed in a circle.
              I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

I think I'd probably pass on the idea. If you don't then be very, very careful about how you set up the summoning. Michael's employer has been known to hold grudges. I would not put it past the general of his armies to do the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Be exceptionally polite and make it an invitation and request, not a demand.
                life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Comment

From what I understand, St. Michael is okay to at least contact. So you're probably okay reaching out to him at least.

For what you want, though, I'd be careful. I mean, how experienced are you with evocation? How much study have you done of St Michael and the mythos surrounding him? Have you spoken with those who work with him? Personally, I'd avoid trying evocation and instead go for a very polite invocation like MaskedOne recommended.

Personally, St Michael sounds like one of those entities you'd invoke or evoke in your senior year of Magician's University, if such a thing existed. Not that he's necessarily mean, but in the sense that he's pretty high up on the totem pole of high and mighty entities. He's apparently a prince of some sort, for goodness sake.

And why St Michael? If you look at his associations, I don't see anything about the information you want to know. Not that I doubt he'd know, but wouldn't it be better to do some research and look up a saint, angel, or other entity who's more directly associated with the types of information you want to know? I'm not overly familiar with the mythology of your religion, of course, it just seems to me like you might have more success approaching someone who actually patronizes your desired area of learning.
                  Blog: http://thestarsafire.tumblr.com

Kuchi wa wazawai no moto (the mouth is the origin of disasters)

Comment

As Satu said, if you're bent on asking an archangel, for this sort of thing I'd look to Gabriel, as he is the messenger. I sort of see that realm as closest to what you're looking for, as an extension of clerical duties and record keeping. Plus, there is also less ... aggression and harshness associated with him than Michael.

Comment

I know this sounds really corny.. but have you ever tried asking the Holy Spirit for guidance, teaching and counsel? That is that particular spirit's role. I know you've tried talking to Jesus and it hasn't worked, so try this avenue! The Holy Spirit is the spirit mandated by Jesus be His representative on earth and lead His disciples into truth. The Holy Spirit can illuminate scripture as you read it, bring it to mind at special moments to teach you full meaning and can reveal things to you that aren't spelled out in the Bible. S/he is a very powerful spirit and very open to contact, and I feel is very less bothered by ritualistic correctness and more interested in an inquisitive, open heart/mind. The Holy Spirit is not high and mighty and enjoys contact with people.

However, I feel that the questions you are asking sound like the beginning of a life-long learning experience. I think that any spirit you contact may not give you a direct answer as a direct answer would do you a disservice as there is deep learning to be achieved in the answers.

I know this doesn't answer your question 'is it a good idea to evoke St Michael' but if you are working within a Christian scaffolding, why not start at the top? It is up to you what you choose but I'm confident the Holy Spirit will talk with you and you won't have to worry if it's the right thing to do or not, or whether you will offend or not. You can inbox me if you would like help with how to connect with the Holy Spirit.

I understand it's totally your choice which way to go, but I just wanted to suggest another option to you that would be guilt-free.

Comment

I don't think Michael necessarily objects to being called on (there's a standard prayer requesting his aid after all) It's more that I think if you try and treat him like a number of ceremonials try to treat demons (i.e. demanding that he appear and trying to stuff him into a containment circle) that he will take the opportunity to explain in pointed detail the old saying about pride and falls.

That said, he may not be the best option for your query and Azvanna's suggestion of the Holy Spirit has merit.

Comment

There is nothing wrong with Saint Michael.

Why should one ignore him?

Comment

I agree that the likelihood of you successfully summoning Michael is slim to none. Besides, if you did, you may wish you hadn't.
                            Michael is the principality of Israel, and the second in command of the armies of God. He is one fearsome warrior and belongs to the highest class of created entity there is. The only created entity more powerful than him is Lucifer.

Michael is also a very busy dude, and angels are typically not in the chatting mood when they have work to do.

So fearsome, powerful, busy, and in no mood for a chat pretty well sums up Michael IMHO. Might as well rock on up to a grizzly bear and kick it in the nads.

Like has been mentioned previously, Gabriel has been known to speak to humanity. Again, I don't know if anyone has successfully summoned him though.

FWIW, considering the amount of effort you are likely to put into it, you might as well put into validating the scriptures to your satisfaction, and seeking the truth through much easier means. For all you know, you may successfully summon something that tells you it's Michael, and then go on to feed you all sorts of rubbish.

If I were you, I'd make a list of questions I need answered. Since you are most likely not well versed in the scriptures, I would advise that you sincerely pray in a heartfelt petition to the most high God that he show you directly, or lead you to the people who can answer these key questions.

Do this and you will get an answer. Let me put it this way - YWH has stated (in the scriptures) that he will respond to you if you legitimately seek him, so test his word. If there is nothing there then you will get no response.
                            While you're at it, be very specific so that there is absolutely no ambiguity about whether or not you got an answer so you can talk yourself into dismissing any response that might come.

You should be prepared though. Have you considered carefully the implications of receiving a clear and undeniable message from the king of the highest heaven? Once you become aware of something like that, you can't just unaware it again...

I'll repeat... be really specific, and make it big. So many people (Christians in particular) make these vague, non specific requests because they desperately want a preconceived answer, and then they match whatever life event subsequently fits and call it a miracle.

This is life changing information you are seeking so it warrants an equally momentous sign. You are not being cheeky, insolent, or "testing God" by doing this if you are sincerely seeking the truth. I have personally petitioned God in this way over a very important topic I knew was in line with his will (actually I was struggling with how do I know the god I pray to is not an imposter). I asked for proof via a supernatural sign of his choosing that only the most high God is capable of performing. That was a huge ask, but it was answered to my satisfaction.

So summoning Michael isn't really necessary. If you're seeking some sort of physical manifestation of a being that tells you the scriptures are true or not then petition God for that. Not only is there scriptural president for this, but I know people who have experienced this themselves. The clincher for you (as with everyone) is that at some point you have to step out in faith because whatever you experience you can also explain away eventually. This is the nature of man.

Comment

In my experiences with Michael, if he did choose to come, he'd probably be rather...shouty. And irritated. I don't see why physically asking him to come to you is necessary. Wouldn't speaking to him be enough? Others have suggested Gabriel, and he is a little kinder to speak to. You may consider speaking to Uriel, as one of his realms is knowledge, but (to me, at least, I know everyone's experiences are different) he tends to be quiet, with a dark energy, and might be annoyed you evoke him. I think summoning angels to the physical realm is a bad idea, but that's only my feeling.

I do wonder about you saying that you've turned your life back to Jesus, but you don't believe in the Bible. I understand that the Bible was written by man, but the word of Jesus says to follow the scriptures:

"This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success." - Joshua 1:8

"All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness," - 2 Tim 3:16

And there are several more quotes by him along those lines. If you don't believe in the central dogma of a religion, perhaps you may wish to meditate on whether or not that path is truly for you?
                              Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Working...
                              X