This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha Eatin'?

And now fresh watermelon with salt and a gooey 4 cheese flour quesadilla with Tapatio!
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Baked potato with mango salsa and greek yogurt.
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

OMG, I am Julia Child (In Mexican form).
        I made a grilled cheese sammy. Not just any grilled cheese. A perfect mixture of gooey and toasty. I used Sargento sharp cheddar cheese, soft potato bread and butter. Once I put it in the pan, I covered it for 1 minute with a lid (to really melt the cheese while not burning the bread). Added some slices of strawberries to the plate and I'm in cheesy yummy heaven!
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Sounds good Medusa. I'm having sliced apples because tomorrow Dad and I are going out and we are going to have Movie theatre popcorn while we see Beauty and the Beast.
          Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

In the process of cold smoking a huge chunk of salmon. Should take about 10 - 14 hours.

Then, I eat!
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
              In the process of cold smoking a huge chunk of salmon. Should take about 10 - 14 hours.

Then, I eat!
              Oh that sounds absolutely delicious.
              �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
              ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
              Sneak Attack
              Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                Oh that sounds absolutely delicious.
                Delicious is my middle name - B. de(licious) Corbin.

Today, I'm starting a sourdough starter. It's really easy. 2 cups flour, 2 cups water, yeast, and let it sit for a few days. Then I can use it to make bread.
                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post

Delicious is my middle name - B. de(licious) Corbin.

Today, I'm starting a sourdough starter. It's really easy. 2 cups flour, 2 cups water, yeast, and let it sit for a few days. Then I can use it to make bread.
                  I've never made bread before. I should dabble.
                  �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                  ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                  Sneak Attack
                  Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                    I've never made bread before. I should dabble.
                    sourdough bread takes some work. But bread made with yeast is easy peasy. The main ingredient in bread is time, and I think that's what intimidates people. But honestly, mix flour, water, yeast together (or whatever other ingredients), knead it, let it sit, pound it down, let it rise, shape the loaf, bake it.

It's easy and delicious!

Mostly art.

Comment

I finally got my baguette recipe down. And over the holidays we were given a wheat grinder and a kitchen aid as hand me downs. There is going to be some serious bread making in our house this winter.

Comment

Leftover, kind of stale popcorn. I'm trying to get better about not wasting food.
                        Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Buddha bowl!

I seriously love these things. The math is: greens, grains, protein, fat.

So it's cooked quinoa, steamed broccoli, spicy marinated tofu, steamed Bok Choi, avocado, lime juice, and a sunflower seed butter sauce (kinda like a tahini Lemon sauce but I'm out of tahini, so I used sunflower seed butter)

....it's spicy and crunchy and wonderful.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                            Buddha bowl!

I seriously love these things. The math is: greens, grains, protein, fat.

So it's cooked quinoa, steamed broccoli, spicy marinated tofu, steamed Bok Choi, avocado, lime juice, and a sunflower seed butter sauce (kinda like a tahini Lemon sauce but I'm out of tahini, so I used sunflower seed butter)

....it's spicy and crunchy and wonderful.
                            Sounds delicious

Comment

Spaghetti. It's been my go to for awhile now. Everyone will eat it except the 4 yo. So 75% of our household will eat it.

I also made peanut butter cookies this week, but I really don't like the recipe I found. It's basically egg, sugar, and peanut butter but they were either way too doughy then immediately went to way too overcooked.
                              We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                              It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                              Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                              -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

We are going to make marmitako, minus the pimiento choricero, since I don't have any.
                                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X