Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Little tank w/shrimp & crabs

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
    Cuuuute! Sorry about my one-word forum spamming. My brain is off, my nerves are on high alert, and my painkillers are combating the migraine. ^^ But still cute!
    Explanation accepted. I had to take Valium Monday, and am still discovering things I thought I did but didn't, so I understand.

:zombie:
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Aw. I haven't refilled my valium in about a year now. *proud* Although part of that is because I don't want to face my doc and tell her I'm still struggling a bit with some things. It'll happen soon though, once I get past this crunch point.

Also. Are you getting some of these?

ff37c530dec6d1331a95a4c166326ddc.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
        Aw. I haven't refilled my valium in about a year now. *proud* Although part of that is because I don't want to face my doc and tell her I'm still struggling a bit with some things. It'll happen soon though, once I get past this crunch point.

Also. Are you getting some of these?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4082[/ATTACH]
        Those I can't, I'm afraid. The land variety from pet stores needs most land, but the aquatic variety is salt water and would die in this tank. That's why I was glad to find the Tai Micro Crabs.
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Looks like I got a bunch of free sails with the plants. They're too small right now for me to identify, but I hope they are mystery snails...

I also now have a thriving colony of daphnia that came in with the plants - they aren't a problem... they are often sold as fish food...

Comment

Hooray for free fish food. ^^

Comment

I ordered my little crabbies today.

No Thalassa, you can't chicken wing fish for them... They are only a half inch across...

I'll get the shrimp next time I locate some money.

Comment

This is a terrible pic, but the crab is tiny - about the size of a fingernail, with legs & all, but here is one of my little crabsters:

Comment

Cuuute! Also, love the pointer. haha

Comment

My dad sent me some money for my b-day, so I was finally able to order the rest of my critters.

I got 10 more micro crabs. They are so little that they disappear in the foliage, so I figure 10 more will let me see a few at a time (yesterday I saw two of the old group, but usually I don't see any).

I also got two assassin in snails. The snails that came in with my plants are common pond snails, and they have reproduced to the point where they are filling the tank. The assassin snails are called assassin snails because they eat other snails, so they are a natural snail control.

I also got the little shrimp - in two colors - cherry shrimp, which are bright red, and yellows, which are bright yellow.

They all seem to be doing fine. The shrimp are lively, and I see that two are already carrying eggs (they carry them like crayfish. Under their tail, until they hatch). As long as they weren't harmed in shipping, I ought to have a colony going in no time!

Comment

Working...
                    X